Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I'm on the same bandwagon as IChick and Aggie to get my car inspected by engineers tomorrow. I'll be dropping my car off tonight and they will hold my car for a couple of days to check some stuff out. Real inconvenience to me but it would be nice to have the car working the way it should. These are the most of the topics for discussion:

1. When I start the car, the navigation "maps loading" screen will show up once in a while and take about 30-45 minutes to reset itself after the car is turned off.
  2. inTouch lockups when playing USB, BTA, or just the radio sometimes. (All of them are in the Intouch Lockup Data Tracking Thread)
  3. Navigation frozen while driving and giving directions (reboot wont work all the time, sometimes have to pull over and turn the car off, wait for a while then restart the car)
  4. When going into reverse, the menu doesn't show up all the time to turn off the backup collision intervention, causes a problem for me when trying to backup into my driveway.
  5. Camera freezes up sometimes when coming close to an object and wont switch back to the maps on the nav screen.
  6. Three times now the "Key not detected" will be shown on the VID screen after turning the car off and locking the door. This wont disappear until I turn the car on and drive it for a little, then park and lock the car. (This actually stayed on for an entire night one night without me knowing, didn't realize it until the next morning when I was leaving for work)
  7. Sonar system will freeze up and keep beeping when nothing is around.
  8. Rattle sounds like its coming from the passenger side, especially when music is playing. (Sounds like it might be a speaker issue or something near a speaker it rattling due to speaker vibration)
  9. They never installed the front wind deflectors under my car (that needs to be installed)
  10. Map will sometimes change to full screen mode if i press the back button repeatedly. (This might just be coincidence though) Annoying to have to keep digging through the intouch settings to get it back to full screen.
  11. xL channels for XM that are saved as presets don't prompt for me to put the code in, I have to manually go through the stupid settings to turn of the parental lock each time i want to use my xL channel presets for XM.
  12. Sometimes the predictive lines from the reverse camera will be stuck on the Nav Screen, sometimes the camera doesn't even switch back to the map after coming out of reverse.

Hopefully they will be able to work on some of these things, its really starting to get annoying to deal with these issues, especially when people are in the car and it starts acting up, its very embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
  1. Rattle sounds like its coming from the passenger side, especially when music is playing. (Sounds like it might be a speaker issue or something near a speaker it rattling due to speaker vibration)
  2. They never installed the front wind deflectors under my car (that needs to be installed)
I have these two issues. The rattling sounds cropped up last week and they just drive me batty.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its really annoying when you raise up the music as well. Is yours coming from when you play music of just there all the time?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
They found my rattle by taking my back seats out. The seatbelt clasp thing was installed weird, so they put some foam in there and it quieted it right up

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I hope mine is a quick fix like that.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Nice. I hope mine is a quick fix like that.
I wouldn't call it quick. It took them 2 days to find it. They had my entire backseat, trunk carpet, and even some of the hybird battery components out looking to try to find the rattle. THey first thought it was the stereo amp.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[email protected], I'm starting to think now that they're going to keep the car for longer than I expected.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
[email protected], I'm starting to think now that they're going to keep the car for longer than I expected.
Engineers had my car for one full day, and the dealership won't touch anything when the engineers have it. Then, the second day is when they'll start working on your non-software problems like rattles, etc. In total, they had my car for 3 full days. Plus however long they keep it this time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Speaking of rattles. Anyone heard rattles from the passenger side when you drove over bumppy road? I think it's from the passenger seat. I talk to my dealer and they told me it is normal from Infiniti and nothing they can do about it. I called that BS :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Speaking of rattles. Anyone heard rattles from the passenger side when you drove over bumppy road? I think it's from the passenger seat. I talk to my dealer and they told me it is normal from Infiniti and nothing they can do about it. I called that BS :mad:
Wow, they are just being lazy and don't want to spend the time looking for it. Definitely not normal.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, they are just being lazy and don't want to spend the time looking for it. Definitely not normal.
I agree with Aggie...that's definitely being lazy. I hear a rattle when I have my music on. Doesn't sound right, and it comes from the passenger side from what I can tell. Just not sure which part of the passenger side its coming from.

Another thing to note, not sure if this is normal or not, but when a passenger gets out of the car, the unbuckled seat belt light on the dash for the passenger stays on for an abnormal amount of time before it comes off. It would stay on for about 3-4 minutes on my car before it would come off and realize there is no one sitting in that seat. Bringing this up to them tonight. The list just keeps growing.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It seem like you and Q50Aggie got quite a few problems with your Q50.
So far, my Q50 had been good to me for about 1.5 weeks and about 550 miles driving. No freezes or lockup. Everything is working fine except 1 issue, playing random mp3 files on a usb flash drive.
The Infiniti Connection tech guy called me and suggest to put the mp3 files in folder like Disk1, Disk2, and etc...I doubt it will work. I'll try it when I get a chance.

I agree with Aggie...that's definitely being lazy. I hear a rattle when I have my music on. Doesn't sound right, and it comes from the passenger side from what I can tell. Just not sure which part of the passenger side its coming from.

Another thing to note, not sure if this is normal or not, but when a passenger gets out of the car, the unbuckled seat belt light on the dash for the passenger stays on for an abnormal amount of time before it comes off. It would stay on for about 3-4 minutes on my car before it would come off and realize there is no one sitting in that seat. Bringing this up to them tonight. The list just keeps growing.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I didn't have any issues other than the minor lockups here and there at about 600 miles. But now that I have 2100 miles on the car and have taken long trips with it, the issues start to pile up after a while and become a long list.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
It seem like you and Q50Aggie got quite a few problems with your Q50.
So far, my Q50 had been good to me for about 1.5 weeks and about 550 miles driving. No freezes or lockup. Everything is working fine except 1 issue, playing random mp3 files on a usb flash drive.
The Infiniti Connection tech guy called me and suggest to put the mp3 files in folder like Disk1, Disk2, and etc...I doubt it will work. I'll try it when I get a chance.
Don't even bother trying to play a USB disk on Random mode. It will cause all sorts of problems with your inTouch system. They are aware of the problem.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Being a computer tech guy myself, I love to troubleshoot by trial and error. Tried the "Disk1", "Disk2", etc.. folder craps and it didn't work. Same issue as before. I don't think Infiniti tech support here got any clue about the Q50. Got to leave it to the engineers.
Luckily, my usb doesn't lockup. I can alway select "Folder Lists" and select a song; everything goes back to normal.

Don't even bother trying to play a USB disk on Random mode. It will cause all sorts of problems with your inTouch system. They are aware of the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Being a computer tech guy myself, I love to troubleshoot by trial and error. Tried the "Disk1", "Disk2", etc.. folder craps and it didn't work. Same issue as before. I don't think Infiniti tech support here got any clue about the Q50. Got to leave it to the engineers.
Luckily, my usb doesn't lockup. I can alway select "Folder Lists" and select a song; everything goes back to normal.
Agreed. The Tech support doesn't know anything. The engineers are the ones to talk to.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car is at the dealership...waiting for an update. They were quick to address the fact that I was not the only one complaining about issues. They wanted a loaded non-hybrid to test on which is why they wanted my car. They already have a loaded hybrid that the engineer is looking at as well today.

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
My only problem is also the random usb and putting it into folders will not solve the problem. Aggie's solution does work, though. Always start and stop the car in non random mode. If you do that, you can play in random just fine. Annoying, but it works for now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.