Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Recently bought a 2021 Infiniti Q50 Sport Tech.
The vehicle replaces the 2018 Infiniti Q50 Sport version, which is no longer available.
I am startled at the number of content deletions that Infiniti has made, while off course list prices have continued to increase substantially.

Some of the items no longer available on the Sport Tech are as follows:

No Sport seats (no side bolster nor thigh extension adjustments)
Non-Sport brakes
Significant Safety feature changes (no Active Lane Control nor Blind Spot Intervention, only warnings)
No Lane Centering, possibly no Directive Adaptive Steering
Fewer Audio adjustments (Bose Centrepoint)
No Paddle Shifters
No Adaptive Front Lighting System
No aluminum trimmed pedals
No sill lighting

Comments?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Uh...don't buy a Sport Tech trim if you want those features?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
What is a Sport Tech?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
In an attempt to answer my question, you only generated another. What's an Essential Tech? 🤣
That package is only reserved for these guys.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
In an attempt to answer my question, you only generated another. What's an Essential Tech? 🤣

Love that dark chrome trim.
Go to Infiniti.ca. It wanted my postal code and I was too lazy to figure one out. I saw all I needed to see. I think these are the metric versions of the trim levels they sell in the States.

Reactions: will1066

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
But, you do get the brown interior and power folding mirrors. I understand the power folding mirrors in highly congested, old cities with tight parking and narrow streets, but in The Canada (that was for rpiotro)??? With the low Hosers/Square Kilometer, it is probably rare to even see another car.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why'd you buy it if you wanted all those options

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,105 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my level of options. But I do often wonder what it would be like to have ICC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would represent about $4,000.00 extra to move to Red Sport when all these features were standard on the 2018 Sport model.
A reason to possibly move to another brand instead of buy a new Q50 missing features that you wanted. Infiniti is basically asking to lose customers and I don't understand it.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
@Terry knipfel did you go into the dealer wanting to buy a Sport and missed looking closely at the standard equipment list, or did a salesman "sell" you the Sport Tech and neglected to mention the changes Infiniti made in the standard equipment in order to close the sale? Just curious.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Terry knipfel did you go into the dealer wanting to buy a Sport and missed looking closely at the standard equipment list, or did a salesman "sell" you the Sport Tech and neglected to mention the changes Infiniti made in the standard equipment in order to close the sale? Just curious.
There was a lack of meaningful info given, pointing out the differences to my 2018.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
446 Posts
there is no longer a sport model, the car you got is a Signature model (Or you can get a Sensory) which typically just gives the sport body but none of the perks of a real sport. You would have to go to a Redsport in order to get all the features listed above. I see why Infiniti did this personally (In regards to the DAS, Adaptive Headlights, Active lane control ETC.), 90% of people did not want to get a Fully loaded sport, they were always the last models left over at the end. For someone like you that had those features before, I definitely understand your frustration, but didn't they go over all of this with you before you purchased the car? I mean no disrespect but you were the one that said yes after knowing what you would be missing out on. You see the bad things Infiniti did with the packaging but for most of the other people that get a 2021 model, they see how great it really was. Now features like ICC (Intelligent Cruise control), DCA (Distance control assist), BCI (Backup Collision Intervention), Blind Spot, Active lane Notification, High beam assist, Birds eye view, parking sensors etc. are all standard luxe and above. Before, you always had to go to the top to get most of those features. On top of those being added, you have a much better infotainment system that now supports Apple carplay and AA. Sorry about the circumstances but you still have an awesome car!

Reactions: will1066

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
OP is in The Canada. Trims are different there.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
446 Posts
I knew that and still posted it like he would understand....Sport tech/Signature, And for us in America, we have the sensory which is a sport with none of the extra perks of a real sport.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts