Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning -

As documented in various threads, I continue to have a variety (and seemingly growing) list of issues, big and small, with my Q50.

I've been in contact with Client Services, unfortunately, since about 3 days after I got the car and had a lot of problems on my first road trip.

The first contact I had there, Phil, was great. Well informed and very responsive. If he didn't have answers, he really tried to get them and always followed up. Others here indicated that they worked with him and had similar experiences, but unfortunately he moved on to other responsibilities and my case was given to another individual.

The next person was terrible. Very little knowledge about the car or issues. He might as well have just been a random person in a call center--maybe he was. When he would get back to me, he would basically say, "Yeah, I know you are having all those problems still. If there are new problems, give me a call." How's that for customer service?

Eventually he became more or less totally unresponsive, and I was assigned to someone new who seemed great at first and says she's been working on getting someone from engineering to actually come inspect the car with me. That started in early November. There were two attempts to schedule that (well, they offered two dates when I was scheduled to be out of town on business travel that I couldn't change) and since then, it has often been a week or more for my calls to be returned. That's not ok.

So, I would like to try to get in touch with someone higher up at Client Services who will be empowered and motivated to move this situation toward resolution--either fixing these issues (or at least some of them so my list starts shrinking, not growing) or otherwise resolve this somehow.

I have extensive documentation of all these issues, dates, times, photos, video where possible to help identify and diagnose the problems. I wasn't really looking for a new hobby when I bought this car--that new hobby being a product tester/troubleshooter. So, at this point, I'd be happy to have my time back and a car that just does what it is supposed to do.

Has anyone had any success with others at Client Services with whom you might be able to connect me? I'm going to have a little downtime over the holidays and really want to get this on the road to resolution. The whole thing is so disappointing, as the car itself is beautiful and when I'm driving it and nothing odd is happening electronically, I really love it. Unfortunately, there is frequently something odd happening!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have had only 2 minor issues with mine. Phil got them taken care of very quickly. Too bad he is gone.
My Q50 Hybrid S is not tech laden and I don't use most of it anyhow. Maybe I would have more issues if I used all the tech gizmos more.:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, they tried to contact me once, I wasn't available so I repied by e-mail to try to reach me again and nothing happened. I will wait till Christmass will be over and I will try again. In my case it is not relly serious case, just few problems with ITouch and my car died on me three times. Every time when I start the car and I don't wait few seconds (before I shift) my car dies. It is embarasing when your car does it and your licence plate is still in the mail. I had many cars and I never had a problem like this. So when I start my Q50 I wait a few seconds before I shift. It is not a big deal but it shouldn't happened.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Other than slow InTouch and beta tester for apps which I don't think they are big deal because you are not supposed to spent looking at the screen while driving, mine is great.. with no problem. On the safe areas, I even abused the car and they are good. My only complaint is it is too quite which sometimes I can't tell how the engine performs and I have to see dash and let the window open.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good morning -

I've been in contact with Client Services, unfortunately, since about 3 days after I got the car and had a lot of problems on my first road trip.
As an owner and voluntary brand advocate, I share your frustrations surrounding the sub-standard follow through you have been provided so far by the company representatives.

The process of dealing with a claim is going to be a bit frustrating. It should not be like picking up a part time job, and twice as frustrating as your full time one.

It is true that aligning the schedules of the traveling dealer support technician and the traveling owner may be quite difficult and drag out for some time. (the tech reps typically have large regions and cover both brands) However, you should not be the first case where this has happened.

Hey on the bright side, by the time your schedules align they might have a fix for your problems.

It might help if you have the service manager on your side.

Reactions: TheQcontinuum

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The service manager is very nice and frustrated as well, as is everyone at the service department. They just don't know much about all the electronics and freely admit so.

Today came and went without the promised "call right back." I will be trying again tomorrow...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The latest: I was told today they tried to contact me yesterday (must've been by carrier pigeon or ESP or something, because I received neither a call nor an e-mail). However, the good news is that I was informed they are scheduled to follow up with me on December 30! So, only just about a week until someone tries to call me again and not solve any of these problems.

I've have better, more interested and more proactive customer service regarding a $150 pair of shoes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No worries Mike. Crapfiniti is not going resolve your problems. They have problems with consumer service from sales people to consumer affairs.
You better call your lawyer and tell him to start process with lemon law. Don't take other infinshiti. Just take cash back and run!!! RUN FOREST!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.