Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I assume you had the wheels balanced again? Please tell me this is a competent shop with modern equipment and not your neighbor static balancing the wheels in his garage.
It is discount tire. I bought my tires and had them rebalanced 3 times. And once at pepboys. Pepboys was spin balance but discount tire supposed to be roadforce.

i will take it to another shop with hunter 9700 and will ask them about RF numbers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Today I dropped my car off to dealer. We went to a road test, technician felt vibrations. I am waiting for their diagnosis?

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Today I dropped my car off to dealer. We went to a road test, technician felt vibrations. I am waiting for their diagnosis?
Different dealer or the one is has been checked by "many times" according to your original post?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Different dealer or the one is has been checked by "many times" according to your original post?
Different dealer. I havent heard from them today so it will stay overnight i guess. I hope they can fix that vibration

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Different dealer. I havent heard from them today so it will stay overnight i guess. I hope they can fix that vibration
I hope they are able to find something. I am still betting on a driveshaft or axle. Good luck. There is nothing worse than a problem that is difficult to find. Half the battle is getting the technician to acknowledge there is an issue, so you've cleared that hurdle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I hope they are able to find something. I am still betting on a driveshaft or axle. Good luck. There is nothing worse than a problem that is difficult to find. Half the battle is getting the technician to acknowledge there is an issue, so you've cleared that hurdle.
i got call from dealer, i was told my rear right wheel was bent. They will fix it and 4 tires balance. Charging me $340.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It's really a shame the previous tire techs didn't recognize the bent wheel. It is a rather obvious condition, especially during a spin balance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's really a shame the previous tire techs didn't recognize the bent wheel. It is a rather obvious condition, especially during a spin balance.
I hope the car would be fixed. i will not pay anything until test drive before pick it up

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I hope the car would be fixed. i will not pay anything until test drive before pick it up
You might have to settle for going for a drive with a service writer. I doubt they will let you (alone) take the car for a drive before paying for it. The keys will be with the cashier and I doubt she/he will have the authority to authorize that. So I would approach the service writer you have been dealing with when you first get there.

It seems odd to me too that other techs did not check for a bent wheel since you had multiple visits to shops for this issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You might have to settle for going for a drive with a service writer. I doubt they will let you (alone) take the car for a drive before paying for it. The keys will be with the cashier and I doubt she/he will have the authority to authorize that. So I would approach the service writer you have been dealing with when you first get there.

It seems odd to me too that other techs did not check for a bent wheel since you had multiple visits to shops for this issue.
My car is still at dealer. I dont know why it took so long. Yes you are right, i am planning to drive it with same technician when i drove before. Actually i dont believe it is because of just a bent wheel. Maybe after fix it they drove and still vibrates so they didnt call me 😁

btw i have loaner it is 2019 QX50, after my q50, this car isa nightmare. Engine noise is too artificial and loud, interior has a lot of cheap plastic. Definitely I wouldn’t consider buying one

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Finally it has been fixed. They found out there was slight bent on rim. And they did roadforce balance. Now smooth as silk. I just dont get it how other shops couldnt find that issue, discount tire pepboys midas

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Finally it has been fixed. They found out there was slight bent on rim. And they did roadforce balance. Now smooth as silk. I just dont get it how other shops couldnt find that issue, discount tire pepboys midas
Glad you got it fixed, but holy baby Jesus...you have no shortage of incompetent techs in your area.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
...I just dont get it how other shops couldnt find that issue, discount tire pepboys midas
Because discount (grease monkey) chains vs. (hopefully) properly trained career technicians. Maybe not always so but I will go with the odds on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
It was nice for a couple days now started again. I took it local mechanic who has hunter 9700 balance machine, after my tires roadforce balance checked these are numbers my tires,

LF 16 / LR 31 / RF 21 / RR 36

now i went back to discount tire, i was told they cant go lower than 20 it is impossible. I said tires need to be lower than 15 at least.

upper ones from local mechanic with hunter 9700

hand writing ones from discount tire. Now discount tire will replace two of the tires since they are defective

Same discount tire store told me my tires were ok within last 10k miles and after 3 rebalancing now they are telling me two tires defective.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
It was nice for a couple days now started again. I took it local mechanic who has hunter 9700 balance machine, after my tires roadforce balance checked these are numbers my tires,

LF 16 / LR 31 / RF 21 / RR 36

now i went back to discount tire, i was told they cant go lower than 20 it is impossible. I said tires need to be lower than 15 at least.
View attachment 90437

upper ones from local mechanic with hunter 9700

hand writing ones from discount tire. Now discount tire will replace two of the tires since they are defective

Same discount tire store told me my tires were ok within last 10k miles and after 3 rebalancing now they are telling me two tires defective.
I don't know if you mentioned it anywhere but what brand and model of tire do you have?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I now feel like I have a bent wheel too. Been following this thread to see the final outcome. I have a 2015 Q50 (not AWD). Have had aftermarket wheels for a while. Never felt any vibrations even north of 120mph just smooth. Had one of my cheap aftermarket TPMS fail, possibly due to hitting a pothole? Put my factory wheels and tires back on, still smooth. Finally got my TPMS fixed and put the wheels back on and now feel vibrations starting around 75mph and the vibration increases as the speed increases. I have had the balancing checked a few times from a few different shops, all have said it is fine. I suppose it's time to have them checked to see if there are any bends.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I don't know if you mentioned it anywhere but what brand and model of tire do you have?
continental true contact tour. They are H rated, i chose them since softer sidewall than V rated tires to absorb vibrations well.
So far dealer repaired rim. I believe they did just spin balance. Yesterday i took it to local mechanic they did roadforce balance and two tires had excessive numbers. I went to discount tire they ordered two new tires under warranty. I will keep you guys posted. If vibrations would be still there, maybe trying michelins. It is hundred percent tire wheel related since after every balancing vibrations getting more or less and vibration speed range changes a few mph.
If changing rims help, i would change rims too but i dont wanna spend money and get vibrations again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
best roadforce numbers i could get,

front 12 and 17 rears 22 and 22. vibrations are very minor now. i am done with that issue.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts