Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
FastGTR...your blogs are awesome. That was such a good read and very informative.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Great!!!
Thanks!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Speaking of GTR, I tried following a GTR today that exited parking lot right before me, and he took off like a rocket. I couldn't even get close to him!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
This is why I spend time on here. I actually learn things from other users. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Excellent read, FastGTR. Never imagined there was so much thought behind the Q50 lighting system. Something else to brag about to my friends lol. Btw, you said "Another interesting item regarding AUTO is that, if the lights are in AUTO position and the wipers are turned on, then the headlights (plus other rear and side lights) come on automatically. In these situations most people should have lights turned on for safety. Some states like NJ have "Wipers ON, Lights ON" law to ensure this happens.This is fantastic because chances that it is raining means it is a dark gloomy day, but usually not enough to trigger the ambient light sensor. I usually have to turn the lights on manually for outside safety, but means all the gauges and navigation display, etc. go into DIM mode making the screens hard to see in the day. So then the brightness of the gauge cluster and screen has to be turned up. No big deal, until next time when I drive at night, then bam!, super bright inside lights that have to be dimmed again. Then the cycle repeats. Well no longer an issue with the Q50. Thanks Infiniti for taking care of a frustrating aspect of headlights."

It's interesting you mention this. I honestly I thought it was just me as I've never heard anyone complain about this incredibly practical missing feature on the G line. I agree w/ the law of using headlights whenever the wipers are required & it was so inconvenient to have to keep switching back/forth from Auto/On in my G37 when it rained during the day. Even my old '07 Impala's auto lights were synced w/ the wipers. Glad they wired it on the Q!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: jkay

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow! Makes my 2013 IPL seem old :-( But I did however change out all my lights to highpower LED from Vleds. I getting 1800Luims LED fogs in soon. And I am running OSRAM 5500K HID lights up top. My out put is super bright at night.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Wow! Makes my 2013 IPL seem old :-( But I did however change out all my lights to highpower LED from Vleds. I getting 1800Luims LED fogs in soon. And I am running OSRAM 5500K HID lights up top. My out put is super bright at night.
Pics?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Excellent read, FastGTR. Never imagined there was so much thought behind the Q50 lighting system. Something else to brag about to my friends lol. Btw, you said "Another interesting item regarding AUTO is that, if the lights are in AUTO position and the wipers are turned on, then the headlights (plus other rear and side lights) come on automatically. In these situations most people should have lights turned on for safety. Some states like NJ have "Wipers ON, Lights ON" law to ensure this happens.This is fantastic because chances that it is raining means it is a dark gloomy day, but usually not enough to trigger the ambient light sensor. I usually have to turn the lights on manually for outside safety, but means all the gauges and navigation display, etc. go into DIM mode making the screens hard to see in the day. So then the brightness of the gauge cluster and screen has to be turned up. No big deal, until next time when I drive at night, then bam!, super bright inside lights that have to be dimmed again. Then the cycle repeats. Well no longer an issue with the Q50. Thanks Infiniti for taking care of a frustrating aspect of headlights."

It's interesting you mention this. I honestly I thought it was just me as I've never heard anyone complain about this incredibly practical missing feature on the G line. I agree w/ the law of using headlights whenever the wipers are required & it was so inconvenient to have to keep switching back/forth from Auto/On in my G37 when it rained during the day. Even my old '07 Impala's auto lights were synced w/ the wipers. Glad they wired it on the Q!

Agreed, I got pulled over before the law started in PA and got a nice friendly warning from a cop that followed me for 5 miles just to tell me this.

I actually think that having the DRL suffices for having your lights on with wipers in some states but it isn't specified in others. I' m glad they included this feature and didn't even know about it until this we'll written info - thanks!!

I do find it odd that they don't activate the foglights at all when using the auto hi-beams (when switched to low).

With these bright lights, I'm guessing I'll be getting lots of flashes (and not the good kind ;) ) with people thinking my brights are on. The fogs are a telltale signal that hi-beams are off (unless someone mods hem or something).

Anyway, thanks again - great stuff!!

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Registered
96 Posts
FastGTR
Great post! Really useful information. Just one question. If the auto high beam switching feature is turned on and the system automatically switches to low beams the fog lights will not illuminate. In order to get the fog lights to turn on when the low beams are on I have to turn off the automatic high beam feature. (Pull the stalk toward me). Can you confirm? Seams like it is a bug that this system has to be turned off to turn on the fog lights.

Thanks
Orrin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thought I would add....

If you start the car with the parking brake engaged, the DRLs dont come on. Pretty common thing on a lot of other cars.... (Dont have Adaptive lights)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FastGTR
Great post! Really useful information. Just one question. If the auto high beam switching feature is turned on and the system automatically switches to low beams the fog lights will not illuminate. In order to get the fog lights to turn on when the low beams are on I have to turn off the automatic high beam feature. (Pull the stalk toward me). Can you confirm? Seams like it is a bug that this system has to be turned off to turn on the fog lights.

Thanks
Orrin
I will test this tonight and confirm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I tried to replicate what you were saying Orrin, it seems mine snap back on when the auto high beam is off.

FastGTR or anyone for that matter that has successfully raised (or lowered the fogs even more) I have tried turning with a flat and phillips screw driver and poked around in that area where the adjumstent screw is I just can not get them to move to see where I actually need to raise them. I dont see where the screw is even from the picture. Great Blog BTW!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.