Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another one to add to my growing list of Q50 electronics issues, big and small: The car apparently can bend the laws of space and time.

I noticed after the law update (or maybe it was just daylight savings time) that when I program in a destination in nav, it initially shows an arrival time that is an hour later in the lower screen. After it starts showing guidance in the top screen, the time is correct.

Today I found a new one: I was playing with the maintenance app and was informed that I was 362 miles overdue on my first oil change, due at 5000 miles. Funny thing is, the car has 3300 miles on it and when I last looked at this screen some time ago, it seemed to be working fine. Photo attached.

Another bug. Anyone else seen this?

And am I to conclude that this car will not do what every vehicle I have owned since at least 1996 did, which is actually tell me based on vehicle conditions when maintenance like that is due? Talk about cutting edge!

I really can't believe they released this vehicle with so many bugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
tire maintenance alarm

I have been recently getting the tire maintenance alarm in the center display when I start the car but I don't have any reminders turned on and I only have 4200 miles

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok- this confused us too. But you dont reset it the way you would think you would reset it. After taking my car to the service department three times and then they themselves had to call Infiniti because they were doing it the same way we were. Here is what you need to do to reset your Q after any service is done after oil changes, tire rotations, ect.
- go to "settings"
-go to "select meter"
-then click on "maintenance"
then whatever it is you are wanting to reset. ect.. oil change, tire rotation..
I hope this helps and saves you from the endless frustration my husband and I had for weeks. lol

Also please remember. This is a new car.. new technology.. there are going to be glitches. Its easy to get frustrated. But when we bought this car our sales guy was very up front with us and told us this. He also told us that we would be taken care of. We went into this knowing this. Patience is a virtue.. we love this car. All in all it is great. I too also have experience the steering issue. When my car went in yesterday I addressed this issue and a code came up as it did happen twice upon starting. They did two software upgrades on my car which were considered early.. I guess. But they said should take care of the problem. They also told us that should anything at all happen with my car to please bring it in. As they too are learning as well and want nothing more than to address anything that should arise. Nothing is going to come out 100% perfect.. but address the issue for what it is and I'm sure you all were also told there may be issues.. the first year or two with any new car there are usually glitches but it does have a warranty . There is no need to worry - Just my thoughts. I love my car. Anyways try that.. hope it helps! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RetVet - Thanks but my point is no service was done. No service is due. I have 3300 miles on my car. The maintenance app suddenly thinks I have 5300 miles and that I am overdue for service. Yet another InTouch (OutOfTouch?) bug.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In-Touch=Obamacare,
let the customers find out the glitches after it roll out,
I like the car, but with issues like steering wheel(safety hazard), clock can't correct time, come on, it's a $50,000 car, I don't want to go back to the dealer every month for software upgrade, do you have to go back to Apple store for your iphone($600) software upgrade? that's it, I'm going to tell my dealer to hold on my deposit, I'll wait for the 2015 Q50.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I understand what you are saying. Go to where I stated to go. Follow the steps. Slide the bar to the appropriate mileage your car is at and that should take care of it.
Were you by chance (just asking) in that area trying to set up your maintenance schedule yourself ? I ask because my husband tried to do that thinking it was a cool feature and rather simple - and honestly it is as long as you are in the right area. If you are not in the correct area the time you schedule it and the mileage will not add up to what you really have.. and the dates begin to go backwards. It isnt a glitch.. you are just not in the correct area thats all and that is why the car isnt recognizing your mileage or dates. Seriously we had to learn this the round about way and after we had our oil changed. I do understand you have had NO service done and thats why i asked if you were just trying to figure it all out yourself and pre set everything in advance. :) But if you go where I mentioned aboved it will take care of the issue none the less.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I seriously would NOT compare a phone to a vehicle first off... just saying. Nor would I EVER spend $600.00 for a phone! lol...Especially when 6 months later they change up to a newer phone- a better phone.
Go ahead and wait another year.. if you are expecting perfection you are seriously going to be waiting forever. I highly doubt you yourself are perfect. Personally the issues I had with my car have been taken care of quickly and professionally. But then again I wasnt rude when I addressed them either - I didnt go there and fly off the handle. They told us up front it was a new model, with new technology and they themselves were learning so it wasnt like we spent that money blindly nor anyone else for that matter. You have to be willing to roll with the punches to get what you want and have patience. The car is awesome - its fast, sexy and one of a kind . Its a head turner. The issues will be taken care of and resolved. The car is tough as **** and I dont care what anyone says. If you spent the money you did thinking it would be absolutely perfect that was foolish. seriously. Dependable absolutely but come on.. it does have a computer in it and there will be issues to resolve - with time it will work out. Give it a second.. the car has barely been released. As I stated the customer service we have received has been awesome.. and only a couple tiny issues and the steering issue was small and is already resolved. Nothing big. the car is awesome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh.. do you upgrade your phone?? add apps to it?? It is no different ... they send you an email and you upgrade an app for your car. To each his own. :)
I think this was one of Roychen's points - you do the upgrades and app updates on your phone YOURSELF, in the quiet of your own place and time. With Intouch, you must take the entire car to the dealer, and sometimes its pretty inconvenient.. especially if you gotta do it over and over..

And of course, noone expected Q50 to be perfect right off the line.. But ... everyone has different threshold of patience and level of expectations ..:)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Can you show pic of your clock setting in your Intouch?

I noticed after the law update (or maybe it was just daylight savings time) that when I program in a destination in nav, it initially shows an arrival time that is an hour later in the lower screen. After it starts showing guidance in the top screen, the time is correct.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know why you guys bother with the maintenance reminder things. The Q50 use a 5000 miles maintenance schedule. If you need maintenance reminder from your vehicle, you seriously need to get your head check, LOL.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
InfinitiPlusOne -

Thank you for the unconstructive reply.

The point here--and the same point goes to those who say, "did you expect the car to be perfect?"--is this: Features the car, big (like the driver aids and InTouch generally) and small (like the maintenance reminder) should work properly. Period. They don't. Way too many things on this vehicle just do not work properly.

I've had more issues with this vehicle in 3 months than I had with my previous 4 cars combined over the course of 9 years. There are many days when I just wish I had my old car back which, although it didn't have some of the "gee whiz!" features of the Q50, just worked. I have never felt that way after purchasing a new vehicle--because I've never had this many problems after purchasing a new vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel your pain. I felt the same way when I went from the 2010 Acura SH-AWD to the Genesis. Oh did I miss the ride/handling. To be fair -- the Genesis which had a ton of tech was problem free -- just no fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If there's one thing I hate, it's being an inadvertent beta tester. Or, as they used to call it, a guinea pig. However, unless one buys old, tested, and proven technology, a price must be paid. That price is reliability.

It shouldn't have to be that way. We're paying good money for a luxury car. We expect, and deserve better. However, as I can't afford a hand made perfect car, I realize that manufacturers have to mass market so I can afford one. We all compromise.

My '96 SHO was a pioneer in computerized engine management. It was totally dependent on new tech sensors, which were unreliable. My '01 Acura CL was bulletproof, except for the failure of one HID headlight, it's only new tech part. My '06 BMW 330i was not bulletproof, except for the power train (the valve train was high tech, but no problem). It was loaded with problematic new technology.

So, I go back to the Japanese and, like a good consumer, try to find some personally acceptable level of technology vs reliability.

Liked hybrid tech (now proven), didn't like steer by wire (though proven in airplanes), but they were packaged together. Liked the safety of big brake rotors. Didn't like electronics making safety steering and braking decisions (unproven tech in a life-death role).

Perhaps because I directly come from a BMW, I'm more forgiving of this car's transient (hopefully) problems. I've made my choice, now I hope that Infiniti doesn't let me down. So far, so good.

Reactions: Albor2013

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Your welcome, LOL.
I play around with the Maintenance Note and it is working fine for me.
All you have to do is "Reset" it and set the amount of miles in the "Set Distance" until your next maintenance. You can click "Reminder" if you wants to.
As for the time difference, I did ask you to post a pic of your Clock setting in your Intouch. Why don't you post it perhaps we can help you out on the setting. All my clock setting (VID, Nav and Intouch) display the exact same time. When I set a navigation destination, the arrival time is correctly shown on mine. I think it just some incorrect setting somewhere in the Intouch.

InfinitiPlusOne -

Thank you for the unconstructive reply.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Recently experienced one more "oh.... well, whatever" moment when found one more bug in InTouch.
Somehow I don't care anymore. Not a good sign....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.