Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Damn that is FAST! ECUTEC disables the speed limiter...assume that is faster than a stock car's speed limiter?

Your temp gauge seems to be lower than what I am used to seeing as normal operating temp. My JB4 will not activate until water temp is at 160 and on mine where that gauge is would be right on the edge of that, maybe under. What temp does your car normally run when running it hard?
She runs a little cooler ever since I installed the BMS heat exchanger. Have to check my logs as I do not remember operating temp under load.

Was that pretty much maxed out? From the RPMs, it seems like the engine could do a bit more, so I’m curious if the drag was way to much to get any more out of her.
She had more left in her, but I didn't want to push my luck. At that speed they'd be putting you into ziplock bags using spatulas if anything happened.

Whoa,,moving!,,how did you feel adhesion wise?,,very solid an planted,,or little floaty? Did the car seem to lower into the sprint,,rock-solid I hope,.?
These cars are truly phenomenal at any speed. The car felt planted and solid throughout the run. Loving the new Continental DWS 06 Plus'. Great tires in my opinion.

very cool, did you time yourself on any of it?
I didn't time anything. Never really race that much. I like fast highway driving and long, swooping turns with elevation changes.

Nothing to do with anything, but why did you redact the odometer reading?

Inquiring minds want to know. I didn't catch that.
A good friend of mine had his identity stolen and went through years of pain to recover. Ever since, I am extremely paranoid about posting any identifying information online.

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
She runs a little cooler ever since I installed the BMS heat exchanger. Have to check my logs as I do not remember operating temp under load.

She had more left in her, but I didn't want to push my luck. At that speed they'd be putting you into ziplock bags using spatulas if anything happened.

These cars are truly phenomenal at any speed. The car felt planted and solid throughout the run. Loving the new Continental DWS 06 Plus'. Great tires in my opinion.

I didn't time anything. Never really race that much. I like fast highway driving and long, swooping turns with elevation changes.

A good friend of mine had his identity stolen and went through years of pain to recover. Ever since, I am extremely paranoid about posting any identifying information online.
Odometer mileage can identify you? I must be missing something.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Gotcha,,questions answered,,other thread inquiry,,ignore..

Reactions: Kraken

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
23,XXX for anyone who's that interested.
Thanks. With that and your profile, I'll get started on your identity theft. Last four digits of your SS would be helpful too.

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,967 Posts
I figured he is still in warranty and didn't want anything that could help identify the car online to give Infiniti an opportunity to deny a warranty claim.

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Really want to UNLEASH THE KRAKEN,,LOL

Reactions: Kraken

· Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,967 Posts
Don't forget the street he grew up on, the name of his elementary school, and how long he lasted the first time he had sex.

· Registered
738 Posts
Was that pretty much maxed out? From the RPMs, it seems like the engine could do a bit more, so I’m curious if the drag was way to much to get any more out of her.
That's what I was thinking-- drag-limited. To exceed that by much, I'd think higher flowing turbos > than 5,500 rpm would be necessary. Something like Pure Stage 2's or G25-550's. Would be cool to see the guy in Florida that has the G25-550's or @DailyQ50

I def would NOT attempt on the Dumbflops though.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
Don't forget the street he grew up on, the name of his elementary school, and how long he lasted the first time he had sex.
Almost done. I just need his mother's maiden name.

Reactions: jodedor

· Registered
4,228 Posts
Odometer mileage can identify you? I must be missing something.
Can be identified as tuned and/or driving too slow, thus delaying traffic. Heh!

Still, limiting the info shared is always a good practice IMO.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
Not like you can't make out the mileage thru the semi-translucent blotting, haha...
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Anyhow, that's good you had the nerve to get it up so fast. Although, bigger props to being able to also take a picture at such speeds!

· Premium Member
678 Posts
I think you're close to right.

Tuning and bolt ons will get you there faster, but at full tilt boogey, gearing, RPMs and, subsequently, top speed are pretty much maxed at 157 indicated, 153 (gps) actual.

Bottom line, without gearing changes, it's a 150mph car.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Unless my speedo was off by 10 mph+ on stock wheel and tire sizes this car is capable of 160mph+. The only reason I didn't continue is because I didn't want to push my luck and stress the car further.

Reactions: twin_snails

· Registered
28 Posts
That's what I was thinking-- drag-limited. To exceed that by much, I'd think higher flowing turbos > than 5,500 rpm would be necessary. Something like Pure Stage 2's or G25-550's. Would be cool to see the guy in Florida that has the G25-550's or @DailyQ50

I def would NOT attempt on the Dumbflops though.
Plenty of people hit over 180 before

also I got some bigger turbos now so we’ll see maybe I can go to a 1/2 mile event in the future

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Dammm,,getting raucous in here 🤯🚀🛬

Reactions: DailyQ50

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Made me think,,stock turbos turn off at 5500rpm?,,or start unwinding for self preservation,,?

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Last question,,is it worth 6-8000 dollars for a RS vs SS with DDS an Jb4,,same yr, approx same mileage?

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Last question,,is it worth 6-8000 dollars for a RS vs SS with DDS an Jb4,,same yr, approx same mileage?
I don’t think so. I was dead set on an RS, until I discovered the JB4 thanks to this forum

21 - 40 of 54 Posts