Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Really,,,hm thanks for your view,,I m kinda set on dds which makes the available acceptably equipped pool much smaller,,your thoughts on that? But I do feel logic and like spending less with your advice...

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Really,,,hm thanks for your view,,I m kinda set on dds which makes the available acceptably equipped pool much smaller,,your thoughts on that? But I do feel logic and like spending less with your advice...
DDS is another thing that I personally am glad I don’t have only because I’m going to do coil overs eventually, and not having DDS saves me money there too. But it’s all dependent on what your plans for your car is. If you’re gonna leave the suspension stock, the DDS is great for a little extra stiffness when you want it, and luxury when you don’t.

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Yes I see your point,,2020 my 3.0tt sport are even considerably less,,with no plans for suspension changes,that could be a win-win scenario..Ty

· Premium Member
'17 AWD Q50SS
810 Posts
That's what I was thinking-- drag-limited. To exceed that by much, I'd think higher flowing turbos > than 5,500 rpm would be necessary. Something like Pure Stage 2's or G25-550's. Would be cool to see the guy in Florida that has the G25-550's or @DailyQ50

I def would NOT attempt on the Dumbflops though.
AFAIK, the Q50 has a very good coefficient of drag (Cd) of 0.26-0.28

· Registered
3,019 Posts
Stock turbos just can’t maintain the boost so the taper down towards the redline
Considering the recirculating valves instead of blow off valves, isn’t that a good thing to avoid turbo surge? Or am I thinking about this wrong? Seems to me if you want to build boost all the way to redline you should have BOVs.

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Since @Kraken and i have the same car, bolt ons and tune...different flavor, maybe...our results should be similar for the Vmax numbers and 'touch and feel' at speed.

I got all that confirmed for stock new 21 'straight off the lot' new with supporting whp and wtq #s, with numerous testing over a years time...all different temps and conditions, the top capabilties are consistent and repeatable.

Decide to put the spurs to old girl...she clocks in and goes to work every time.

I had the oppurtunity to 'lean into it' some and start getting a feel for the the new horizon, as the car sits now.

Can confirm @Kraken picture, with the comment 'there's more.'

Car was still pulling when i lifted, with a quick glance at speedo, as the opportunity presented with no plan or goal to determine the top limits as yet.

This picture is my addition to the topic, gathering data. There's still more.

White Light Product Black Fashion

· Premium Member
678 Posts
I wonder what the percent error the speedo has.
2-4 mph per hour less for actual vs indicated, the gap slowly widening, as velocity increases.

· Premium Member
678 Posts
Since @Kraken and i have the same car, bolt ons and tune...different flavor, maybe...our results should be similar for the Vmax numbers and 'touch and feel' at speed.

I got all that confirmed for stock new 21 'straight off the lot' new with supporting whp and wtq #s, with numerous testing over a years time...all different temps and conditions, the top capabilties are consistent and repeatable.

Decide to put the spurs to old girl...she clocks in and goes to work every time.

I had the oppurtunity to 'lean into it' some and start getting a feel for the the new horizon, as the car sits now.

Can confirm @Kraken picture, with the comment 'there's more.'

Car was still pulling when i lifted, with a quick glance at speedo, as the opportunity presented with no plan or goal to determine the top limits as yet.

This picture is my addition to the topic, gathering data. There's still more.

White Light Product Black Fashion

PM if you want to know exact numbers. Not something I'm going to post online in a public forum.

• Wow
Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
306 Posts
How accurate is the speedometer at 160? Seems like there would be quite a bit of slush at that point, but I don't know that for sure.

EDIT: I just saw this was discussed above -- sorry to repeat the question, and feel free to delete the post.

· Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,560 Posts
The speedometer shows 262 km/h (163 mph), which in reality should be about 250 km/h (155 mph). Unfortunately, that's all, higher speed is locked. The hybrid should normally be good for 290 km/h (180 mph) if you unlock it (info from a tuning shop)...

Reactions: 21QSig

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
306 Posts
The speedometer shows 262 km/h (163 mph), which in reality should be about 250 km/h (155 mph). Unfortunately, that's all, higher speed is locked. The hybrid should normally be good for 290 km/h (180 mph) if you unlock it (info from a tuning shop)...
Interesting - thanks for the info. Speeds most of us will never see in this car anyway, but I was just curious.

· Premium Member
'17 AWD Q50SS
810 Posts
Damn that is FAST! ECUTEC disables the speed limiter...assume that is faster than a stock car's speed limiter?
After my Racebox tune, I went a speedy 175mph (on a closed track of course). The car was very stable, and had more in it for sure!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts