Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video has several detailed shots that have been cut from the official release.
For example this fullscreen view of the non-sport model with the 17" wheels:

As well as some gore:

Now I know where this ugly fender cut line across the headlights comes from, but I still hate it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The plastic front fascia color doesn't seem to match the paint on the rest of the car. I hope that's just because of the sunlight hitting it in a strange way, though the colors don't seem to match very well, no matter what shot is shown. It's the best view of the non-sport front(my red car) that I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The plastic front fascia color doesn't seem to match the paint on the rest of the car. I hope that's just because of the sunlight hitting it in a strange way, though the colors don't seem to match very well, no matter what shot is shown. It's the best view of the non-sport front(my red car) that I've seen.
Yep, it's the lighting, metallics can look that way at different angles, where a flat color never would.

If you watch the video, pay attention to the red car in the factory, then driving onto the track. They show a few different clips of that, and in one clip, the car practically looks orange, and in the final clip, it looks ruby red.

One drawback to photography, particularly digital, is that things still must be calibrated. All of these metallics change radically depending on lighting, so there is honestly no substitute for the human eye when it comes to presenting them. I've seen the Hagane look like anything from a blue-gray primer color to silver to steel-blue that it's supposed to be, and everything inbetween. In person, in a showroom, it looked yet another color. I wasn't convinced until I saw a photo of it taken on a real film camera, of it outdoors in the sunlight. That's where it's supposed to be seen, all of them for that matter.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I wasn't convinced until I saw a photo of it taken on a real film camera, of it outdoors in the sunlight.

Since that's the only type of camera I have, hopefully the pictures I take will turn out just right.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.