Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What extended warranty does anyone recommend. I searched and it looks like the elite extended warranty from Infiniti seems ok but can no longer get that good pricing from the Scottsdale, Arizona Infiniti dealer. All feedback is most appreciated.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
I went with CarShield. Haven’t had to use it yet, so I can’t give you any more info other than they’re affordable and have great reviews.

· Premium Member
904 Posts
What extended warranty does anyone recommend. I searched and it looks like the elite extended warranty from Infiniti seems ok but can no longer get that good pricing from the Scottsdale, Arizona Infiniti dealer. All feedback is most appreciated.
Hey there, I just got my warranty from the Infiniti of Elk Grove who gave me a fair reasonable price after my last warranty just ended which was the Infiniti Elite Protection plan which I had bought from Scottsdale as well like you. But like you said scottsdale doesn’t offer much anymore so I went to Elk Grove as they were pretty much the only ones that offered an extended warranty after 100,000 miles. It was for 3 years/36,000 miles.

· Registered
2021 Q50 Sig. Edition
304 Posts
If you go with anything other than Infiniti's extended warranty, there's a very good chance you're wasting your money. Even if your third-party warranty company does cover the repair, mechanics hate dealing with them, and there's a strong possibility there's an asterisk somewhere that specifically excludes anything that's actually prone to breaking on your car.

· Premium Member
904 Posts
The one i got for my Infiniti was from the dealership by a company called Principal Auto Care which covers all the hybrid and all other components including the tech since my car has all of the tech package options as well.

Now like 21QSiq has said above dealers dont like to work with other warranty companies that are not provided by them or from Infiniti Directly. Reason is because they have to call Fidelity or Car Shield and get on the phone with them and try there hardest to explains as best they can for them to honor the repair. Now if its a provider of their choice it makes it easier as there contracted with that dealership which means they would have an easier time get the repair honored without too much of a fuss.

My cousin who had a third party warranty for his G37 would tell me how his warranty provider would send out an inspector and hassle the mechanic to approve the repair work which can be really frustrating.

· Premium Member
904 Posts
And how has it gone when you tried to use the warranty?
I just got it a month ago. My hybrid now just threw a code for the battery so if it doesnt go well then I still have 60 days to get my money back per the agreement. LOL But in all honesty it should go well and I would doubt there would be any fuss about honoring any repairs.

· Registered
18 RS RWD
136 Posts
You gave me hope, but there are hundreds of pissed off customer reviews that disagree.
Im just going off what I’ve experienced at the shop i work at. I haven’t had an issue with them. Our customers that have them have had repairs anywhere from a couple hundred to over $3000 covered with no real push back. Out of all the third party companies ive had to call and deal with they have been the better one to deal with.

· Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info folks. I just got a 2019 redsport q50. My factory warranty is up in April. I bought my car used from an Acura dealership. When purchasing I was offered an extended warranty from All State. $3,700 for 6 years and or 100k miles. When I called Infiniti they said that they could offer me warranty for $4800 but it was for 5 years. Still on the fence about pulling the trigger on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts