Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My warranty is going to expire in March on my 2017 q50 premium and I am thinking about buying an extended warranty but don’t know how much it cost. I thought I should know before walking into the dealership. How much did you guys pay? How flexible is the price?

·
Registered
248 Posts
There's a ton of variables involved before you could get an accurate answer. How many miles does your vehicle currently have? how much time are you looking for? How many miles? Etc. I'd recommend going to your local Infiniti dealership and going over the options with them. Make sure that the Turbos are covered in the warranty that you go with

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
After reading the OP, I feel lucky that there's someone who calls and checks on me everyday. He's from India and very concerned about my car warranty.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
After reading the OP, I feel lucky that there's someone who calls and checks on me everyday. He's from India and very concerned about my car warranty.
What cracks me up about these calls is they keep telling me it's their final call if I don't respond and the calls are referencing my G37x that I traded in about 3 1/2 years ago.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you let me know all the info I listed above, I can get with my finance manager and get some options put together for you. (I'm a Sales manager with Infiniti in VA) You do not have to be here in order to purchase it so if it works for you, they could do it all over the phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a ton of variables involved before you could get an accurate answer. How many miles does your vehicle currently have? how much time are you looking for? How many miles? Etc. I'd recommend going to your local Infiniti dealership and going over the options with them. Make sure that the Turbos are covered in the warranty that you go with
My car currently has 41200 miles and I’m looking to get the basic and power train warranty to extended 120000 miles or 120000 added on top of my existing mileage, not sure how it works but I’ll have to see. I’ve bought the car used and oh man there was a ton a problem within 6 months. Those damn turbos!

·
Registered
248 Posts
No need to worry about powertrain because Basic covers all of those items. Your vehicle is a 2017 correct? Send me your VIN in a PM just in case it's needed, I'll be able to pull your window sticker so that should be all I need! 120k miles and how much time?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
What cracks me up about these calls is they keep telling me it's their final call if I don't respond and the calls are referencing my G37x that I traded in about 3 1/2 years ago.
Yeah and they would even send me letter in the mail that's printed on pink paper. Kind of like a pink slip to give a sense of urgency.

The last time I mistakenly answered a call, a lady told me that my warranty is about to expire and she's there to help. And then she proceeded on asking the year, make and model of my vehicle. I'm like, you're the one who called, why don't you tell me? Then she hung up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No need to worry about powertrain because Basic covers all of those items. Your vehicle is a 2017 correct? Send me your VIN in a PM just in case it's needed, I'll be able to pull your window sticker so that should be all I need! 120k miles and how much time?
I just called my local Infiniti, they quoted me $4100 for the Infiniti warranty 6 years added to my current age and 80k miles added to my current mileage $100 Deductible or a 3rd party warranty at $2500 with no deductible at that dealership or $500 any repair at any non local dealership

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got with finance director to check if that was a fair price given or if they were upcharging you but I cannot do anything without a VIN, either way good luck with it and make sure that the turbos are covered!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,792 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
warranty starts the original date of purchase, 2017s came out in 2016 as well, so it all depends on the original in service date.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Powertrain warranty is actually higher than 60k miles:

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
Where is that snippet from? That's the 1st time I've seen higher than 6/60k on this model.
It's been the same since 2014 and it's in every year's Q50 Warranty Information booklet.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
148 Posts
When I bought my wife's Q50S. I got the "Infiniti Wrap CPO". 8 years of no deductibles, bumper to bumper coverage. Best 2k I ever spent.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts