Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Can you do a warranty deal from any dealership and go to your local one or you have to go to the dealership you get the extended warranty from?
Anywhere - local or remote. Either thru infiniti or 3rd-party. Some have specific conditions that need to be met. Geico, for instance, has 15 months or <15k miles requirements, which can be renewed up to 100 or 120k miles.

In our area, Carmax is offering 3rd-party extended warranty which is good and less hassle during claims from what I've heard. Unfortunately, they only offer it if the car was bought from them.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
37 Posts
Can you do a warranty deal from any dealership and go to your local one or you have to go to the dealership you get the extended warranty from?
Any dealer, bought mine from an Aston martin dealership in Chicago with 4 months left of 48 and bought my warranty from AZ. It was a super simple process.

1700 bucks for 6 more years was a no brainer

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Any dealer, bought mine from an Aston martin dealership in Chicago with 4 months left of 48 and bought my warranty from AZ. It was a super simple process.

1700 bucks for 6 more years was a no brainer View attachment 97474
Wow that is a good deal! What's included in the warranty? Bumper to bumper or just power train?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
37 Posts
For my 2017 with 18k miles below would have taken me out to just under 120k miles and to 2028. I ended up going 84/82k for 6 more years and cover me to 100k. She did say the price and term options would change if I hit 20k.

96mo/100k=$2700

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
There's always fine print containing weasel words somewhere in a warranty.
Right now I would settle for confirmation it includes turbos because the paperwork I received that showed everything covered on the motor didn't explicitly say anything to do with the turbos.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,440 Posts
Right now I would settle for confirmation it includes turbos because the paperwork I received that showed everything covered on the motor didn't explicitly say anything to do with the turbos.
Then you should contact Infiniti and ask that specific question. The brochure says "engine block, heads and all internal and external parts", but that somewhat nebulous.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Then you should contact Infiniti and ask that specific question. The brochure says "engine block, heads and all internal and external parts", but that somewhat nebulous.
Already done, waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Yep fine print should have it. I normally go to 'exclusions' as it's easier to read and that's what most of them use whether to cover a part or not.

Maybe not for Infiniti Elite but sometimes there may also be a catch in deductible, e.g. $50 per visit vs $50 per part. Huge difference.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts