Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
As others have mentioned, the most important part of an extended warranty is to note what is NOT covered...

I got a great warranty from a dealer friend that is up to 125k miles, with no expiration date, and $50 deductible. I have a 2015 Premium AWD, with all the options Hybrid.

PM me if you are interested. I've bought probably 20 warranties from this dealer for family and friends and not been burned. If you have an existing warranty, you might even find this far better and "cash out" your old one.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
As others have mentioned, the most important part of an extended warranty is to note what is NOT covered...

I got a great warranty from a dealer friend that is up to 125k miles, with no expiration date, and $50 deductible. I have a 2015 Premium AWD, with all the options Hybrid.

PM me if you are interested. I've bought probably 20 warranties from this dealer for family and friends and not been burned. If you have an existing warranty, you might even find this far better and "cash out" your old one.
I pm'd you, interested in info.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,858 Posts
My bible, Consumer Reports, generally recommends against extended warranties. The dealers wouldn't be pushing them if selling them was not profitable for them.

Reactions: Q50 RS400!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
My bible, Consumer Reports, generally recommends against extended warranties. The dealers wouldn't be pushing them if selling them was not profitable for them.
I think the same can be said with just about every industry. We just need to exercise sound judgement and only get what we really need.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
37 Posts
Given that the motor needs to be pulled to change the turbos I'll happily pay 1700 bucks for 6 more years of coverage. My dealer will warranty me as long as I use AMS for most of my parts and tuning. I had them install my HX on Thursday and the asked me if I was tuned yet because they didn't want to screw me up with an ecm flash that my car needed. Refreshing from the days of having having pull all my aftermarket parts before going to the dealer. I do know that some aftermarket warranties will void you for just having an intake.

Given how many turbo and injector failures have happened and the replacement cost, a couple k is cheap insurance.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts