Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a Q50 and I'm picking it up tonight or tomorrow. The dealer quoted me $3028 for the $0 ded 86mo/120k extended warranty which seems a liitle high. If they won't budge, can I buy the warranty for another Infiniti Dealer after the sale or direct through Infiniti?

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
That's too high. Infiniti warranty is from corporate, you can buy from any dealer, and all dealers across US will honor it.

Is that a quote for 96 months or 84 months? No one sells a 86 month warranty. I purchased a $0 ded 96mo/120k for a *lot* less

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm also interested in what people are paying for their extended warranties. I'm in talks right now to purchase the car and I'm more than likely going to purchase an extended warranty along with it but I have absolutely no reference as to what a reasonable price would be.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yes go for Gandhi's advice! Got the same but with $100 deductible with his help and my own dealer couldnt match the price! Thank you Gandhi! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello all,

I just purchased a Q50 and I'm picking it up tonight or tomorrow. The dealer quoted me $3028 for the $0 ded 86mo/120k extended warranty which seems a liitle high. If they won't budge, can I buy the warranty for another Infiniti Dealer after the sale or direct through Infiniti?

Anthony
84 or 96 months?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are extended warrantees really worth it?

I've never purchased one and keep my vehicles more than 10 years. I've never had a major failure purchasing Honda (Acura) or Toyota products. Even my two Fords I never had a major problem (water pump failure about 15 years ago).

My Acura in 114,000 miles needed compliance bushings which was out of warrantee. That's it for about $280 a side. Otherwise, routine, planned maintenance with the timing belt at 105,000 being $900 but that was expected?

I've only replaced brakes up front once (but they'll need it again in less than 20k miles). I've never replaced the Clutch and may need it in the next 30,000 miles or so? Can't say for sure. I've only replaced the rear brakes once at 102,000 miles (can you tell I live/work rural with lots of time to downshift to stop?).

I guess it may matter if you are on a tight budget and a $1500 repair would break the bank, I guess?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry I meant to say 96 months/120k. I had 8 years on my mind when I typed it. The quote for that with $0 deductible was $3,028
Its marked up some obviously.. going with the $100 deductible will save you up front.. you can buy it at any Infiniti dealer though.. how close are you to another dealer ?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Wow you guys must truly plan to get significant use out of those warranties to justify spending ~$3k for a plan. Surprising. Guess I've never kept a car long enough to deal w/ any post-warranty issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.