Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became curious when, in searching dealerships fairly close to Chattanooga, I could not find even one hybrid with the tech package. So, I widened the search to include the entire Southeast, from Virginia, down to Florida, and across to Texas(hey, when you've got nothing better to do..........). What I discovered may be instructive: Not one dealership had a hybrid with a tech package, either on the lot, or in transit - not one, nada, nil, zip. When I dropped the hybrid requirement, some with tech packages did show up, but very few. It makes me wonder if the InTouch problems are almost exclusively because of the tech package. Has anyone here WITHOUT the tech package been beset with multiple freezes? If not, then I would guess that they are holding back the tech package cars. What do you think?

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Yeah the dealership where I got my Q50 had 8 delivered, none with tech and only two hybrids. The local dealership have over 18 and only 4 had the tech package and only one hybrid.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further info:

I just did a quick check on the forum of members who have had freezes. It looked like EVERYONE with maybe one exception(though the poster may not have all info listed) has either the tech package, the hybrid, or both. That may be very telling.

As far as the search, I started with Infiniti's website, and did the search. It was a pain, because to change dealerships, you have to put in the zip code each time, and it will then give you a list of 20 dealerships' websites to check. It was a real PITA, but curiosity got the better of me - it took me about two hours to go through them all. As I said, each dealership showed on the lot cars, and those in transit.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Me and JR69 have the same configuration and we've had freeze ups!

·
Registered
276 Posts
While it doesn't look like Hybrid/Tech correlates with the InTouch lockup issue, keep the theories coming!

We already determined as a group that reverse guideline latency is tied to non-tech cars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the hybrid, deluxe tech and nav combo and have not had any freezes
Me too, but 3 days and 160 miles. How about you? Anyone else have the car for over a week/250 miles and NOT had an inTouch lockup?

AWD - was you car updated by the dealer or at the port?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
My local dealer has two Hybrids with the Deluxe Technology & Navigation packages. One is a Premium and the other is a Sport.

If you're doing searches for the Hybrid, make sure it's for the Deluxe Technology package, not just "Technology" package.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My local dealer has two Hybrids with the Deluxe Technology & Navigation packages. One is a Premium and the other is a Sport.

If you're doing searches for the Hybrid, make sure it's for the Deluxe Technology package, not just "Technology" package.
I searched for ALL hybrids, and none of them came back with any technology package - just the NAV(they also indicated the Kachu(sp) trim)

·
Registered
302 Posts

Or do a 'contains' search ... ;) I said that to get a rise out of Selzini ... like, "what the heck is SteinyD talking about!?"

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I searched for ALL hybrids, and none of them came back with any technology package - just the NAV(they also indicated the Kachu(sp) trim)
Even a local dealer 100 miles from me has two Hybrid Sports, both with the Deluxe Technology package.

Hmmm, I don't know how exactly you're conducting your search selzini but you might be missing something.. :eek:

Or maybe the Southwest US is having better luck in getting loaded Hybrids in for some reason? :( :confused:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Even a local dealer 100 miles from me has two Hybrid Sports, both with the Deluxe Technology package.

Hmmm, I don't know how exactly you're conducting your search selzini but you might be missing something.. :eek:

Or maybe the Southwest US is having better luck in getting loaded Hybrids in for some reason? :( :confused:
Maybe there's a better way. This is a URL for the first dealer.

Retailer Inventory | Infiniti USA

After checking that one, just click the "change dealer" link, and put in the Tucson zip again. It will give you a list of 20 dealers from El Paso to CA. I checked all of them, for all models of the hybrid, and none show up with the Tech package(all indicate Kacchu trim). If you have a different site that I can use here in the SE, then please tell me - I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Actually, I know for a fact that in at least 2/3 dealers in WA have several fully loaded hybrid (with both nav and deluxe tech), and mostly sports. And I was told there are more coming in. ...

(Just not MY pre-ordered one.... :( )

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.