Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The ATS is boxier. The rear of the ATS also looks more aggressive. I don't think the front of the ATS is anything to write home about though. Looks plain to me.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I gotta hand it to Cadillac. A lot of people are fans of the boxy, signature design language of the new Cadillacs. I'm a fan of them myself. They're unlike any other car out there on the road right now and for uniqueness alone, I've got to give them props.

I mean, when you see a Cadillac from any angle, you know without a doubt that it's a Cadillac.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I agree. You do have to give Cadillac credit for having that unique Cadillac design that noone else would mistaken. Especially considering how all these new Japanese and Korean cars are being pointed at for copying each other and looking similar to German cars.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
As some of you know, I recently test drove the ATS.

I think the ATS is a great looking car--much better to look at up close. However, the sheet metal is very nuanced, simple, and smooth, which I think gives it a bit of a dated look, especially compared to the more aggressive and sharp design of the Q50 as well as the new CTS.

It's not a design that will hold up too well 3 years from now, IMO. I now know what people mean when they say the design for the Q50 seems a little bit more "timeless". I think the only issue with the Q50 exterior design could be the ubiquitous shape of the taillights and the chrome "spear" along the rear end.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The ATS-V is where it's going to be at. Maybe that car will look a little bit more interesting.

I've seen the ATS in person multiple times and I agree it didn't wow me as much as I'd thought. Even the interior didn't wow me that much.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Cadillac is also releasing a new Cadillac ATS Coupe next year, which should be good for coupe fans. Most coupe versions of cars look nicer to me. More stylish and aggressive looking. I also can't wait for the coupe version of the Q50, the Q60.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ATS-V is where it's going to be at. Maybe that car will look a little bit more interesting.

I've seen the ATS in person multiple times and I agree it didn't wow me as much as I'd thought. Even the interior didn't wow me that much.
surprised that the Cadillac ATS interior didn't wow you. I thought the ats's interior looks amazing, see the pic below...

cadillac ats interior

in my opinion, the Cadillac ats interior looks much better than the Infiniti Q50's interior...

infiniti q50 interior

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Both the Q50 and ATS are nice look cars but it just depends what appeals to you more. The more traditional boxy sharper shape of thew ATS or the more rounder and smoother look of the Q50. Personally I like the Q50 for its fine lines and design. The interior too is better looking than the ATS. Yes I was surprised how Cadillac changed their interior and has improved a lot but still the infiniti interior is more appealing in my eyes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They both have nice interior. Had a chance to sit in them both. One thing that I hope is that the Infiniti information system is better than CUE. When I test drove the ATS, the only gripe I had was the CUE. @M35h. I didn't know Cadillac where making the ATS Coupe? And wouldn't that hurt the CTS Coupe sales??

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
They both have nice interior. Had a chance to sit in them both. One thing that I hope is that the Infiniti information system is better than CUE. When I test drove the ATS, the only gripe I had was the CUE. @M35h. I didn't know Cadillac where making the ATS Coupe? And wouldn't that hurt the CTS Coupe sales??
Nah, the ATS and CTS are far enough in price points, size, and amenities where I don't really see there being a significant overlap in terms of target audience. I mean, for GM, a sell is a sell, regardless if it's from the CTS or ATS.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It's not a design that will hold up too well 3 years from now, IMO.
This is exactly how I feel. Look at Caddy's from a few years ago. Same problem. Look at an '09 - or even an '07 G. Still looks great. And look at an 04 or 05 G35 coupe - still hot.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Exactly.The CTS has been considered a mid-size sedan and possibly a small "large size" in terms of weight.

3 Series = ATS
5 Series = CTS
7 Series = XTS
The XTS does not compete on any level with the 7 series. Cadillac never intended it to it is basically a filler model until caddy unveils their actual flagship sedan... To keep the retires happy and whth their brand...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The XTS does not compete on any level with the 7 series. Cadillac never intended it to it is basically a filler model until caddy unveils their actual flagship sedan... To keep the retires happy and whth their brand...
I'm not comparing them on any level other than their sizes.

and all I ever see driving a BMW 7-Series are little old men or ladies.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is exactly how I feel. Look at Caddy's from a few years ago. Same problem. Look at an '09 - or even an '07 G. Still looks great. And look at an 04 or 05 G35 coupe - still hot.
I totally agree. The 2007-2009 Infiniti G's still look fresh whether it is a sedan or coupe. The coupe looks very fresh that is why I think Infiniti isn't redoing it yet.

The CTS looked outdated to me within a year of debut.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'm not comparing them on any level other than their sizes.

and all I ever see driving a BMW 7-Series are little old men or ladies.
I agree 7 series = old people that's why BMW never did an M version and left it to Alpina for a performance version. Even the 5 series I have been seeing the drivers get older and older ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts