Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
It's hard to compare these two seriously. The IS is so out there in design. Very boy racer like. Looks modified.

The Q50 looks more elegant and classy. I do love the IS F sport though. Sexy looking car.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The IS is definitely going to screw up the older demographic in terms of sales. However, the new design is so aggressive and unique, even some of the younger demographic might not buy into having such an unusual-looking car, even if it is a Lexus.

I agree, the comparison is difficult, but for me, I think the Q50 is a much more conscious and more efficiently designed car.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
The IS has the more aggressive and noticeable design. It has a lot of sharp edges and creases that conspire to make the car look like it is moving while standing still. If I was younger, it would be on my short list of cars. As it stands, I would go for the Lexus GS above the IS.

The exterior design of the Q50 is more sedate but noticeable. It has a lot of curves as opposed to edges. So, it comes of looking a little more mature. I'd take it over the IS any day.

They are both desirable cars. It's like comparing a female rock star to an exotic dancer. Both can be fun in their own ways. :D It just comes down to what you are into.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'm actually having this same comparison on another forum and I do agree that this new design will attract some younger buyers and might even turn some off because of its wild design.

But do you know what I think? The **** with those people. I'm happy that Lexus is going for a wilder design on the IS. The IS SHOULD be for the younger market.. If you are old and have a family.. Why the **** would you buy an IS? The rear leg room is terrible. The trunk space is not that great.

Get an ES and if you have the money get a GS. Keep the IS for the younger generation.. ON that note.. I think the new IS is an awesome car. I would have so gotten it 5 years ago.

My only complain is actually the headlights. I have no problem with the rear which most people seem to not like.. I think the headlights should just be once piece and not pretend to be one piece. Get what I'm trying to say?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

2014 Infiniti Q50 Interior
vs

2014 Lexus IS Interior

I think Lexus interior took the win for this one. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

The exterior design of the 2014 Lexus IS vs 2014 Infiniti Q50

The exterior of the Lexus IS side profile really reminds me the the Acura TSX towards the rear end. The headlights kind of turn me off, they are unique but it turns me off. what do you guys think am i wrong or am i right?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The Q50 is more mature compared to the IS in terms of design. The IS looks like a boy racer car. I am going to imagine that the new IS-F is going to be even more boy racer.

I wonder if there will be a Q60 IPL to compete with the new IS-F

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I actually like the aggressive look and lower profile of the Lexus IS, though I suppose I am the target demographic for it.

The Lexus interior also looks very sleek and sexy but I'm not too sure about the one main gauge on the dash. I like the Q50's dual gauge more when it comes to that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Infiniti and Lexus are my choices this summer.

No BMW because of price ($53k+ once you add the stuff I want!!!)
No Mercedes because the design is from 2008.
No Audi because its from 2009.
No Cadillac because I don't buy domestic.

So far, I like how both the Infiniti and Lexus look. I think the Infiniti has the better exterior and the Lexus might have the better interior depending on the color combo.

At the end, it will come down to how they drive and how the car sounds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Infiniti and Lexus are my choices this summer.

No BMW because of price ($53k+ once you add the stuff I want!!!)
No Mercedes because the design is from 2008.
No Audi because its from 2009.
No Cadillac because I don't buy domestic.

So far, I like how both the Infiniti and Lexus look. I think the Infiniti has the better exterior and the Lexus might have the better interior depending on the color combo.

At the end, it will come down to how they drive and how the car sounds.
I wish Infiniti and Lexus would collab on a car. Exterior on the Q50 is stunning and flawless while the Lexus IS exterior can be seen as ugly. Then interior on both is the other way around.

Infiniti Q50 exterior with Lexus IS interior = words that will turn out like this ******* if i was to type it LOL

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wish Infiniti and Lexus would collab on a car. Exterior on the Q50 is stunning and flawless while the Lexus IS exterior can be seen as ugly. Then interior on both is the other way around.

Infiniti Q50 exterior with Lexus IS interior = words that will turn out like this ******* if i was to type it LOL
Haha agreed. But from the real world pictures of the IS350 interior on ClubLexus forum from several members who got to test drive, the interior looked cheap.

I obviously have to see it in person but the IS350 interior is disappointing to me because I was expecting them to put in the same interior as the GS and LS.

The GS/LS have HUGE screens and something more premium looking about them. If Lexus wasn't going to give us a dual screen interior like Infiniti, why not give us a HUGE screen like the ones in the GS and LS?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Haha agreed. But from the real world pictures of the IS350 interior on ClubLexus forum from several members who got to test drive, the interior looked cheap.

I obviously have to see it in person but the IS350 interior is disappointing to me because I was expecting them to put in the same interior as the GS and LS.

The GS/LS have HUGE screens and something more premium looking about them. If Lexus wasn't going to give us a dual screen interior like Infiniti, why not give us a HUGE screen like the ones in the GS and LS?
I am looking forward to sitting in the new IS.

From photos the interior looks nice. I didn't have complaints about the Lexus interiors before. The GS and LS have excellent interiors.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If they put the GS or LS interior into the IS350, I would be SOLD. Love the GS interior to bits.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
The exterior of the Lexus is a little too dramatic and sharp. Where the Q50 is more round but sleek and smooth. Im not a huge fan of the IS headlights but I do like their signature grille.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually like the aggressive look and lower profile of the Lexus IS, though I suppose I am the target demographic for it.

The Lexus interior also looks very sleek and sexy but I'm not too sure about the one main gauge on the dash. I like the Q50's dual gauge more when it comes to that.
Whats wrong with having one main gauge on the dash? I actually love how that looks as it cleans up the display showing what you need to see. Plus it makes the car feel more sporty since the Lexus LFA supercar has it.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts