Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you’re not making a purpose built track car out of it, it’s not worth the money. Besides, I’m pretty sure the Red Sport came with one already anyway.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,856 Posts
The bottom portion of the OEM radiator is an A/T fluid cooler. I don't think that's an RS exclusive.

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you’re not making a purpose built track car out of it, it’s not worth the money. Besides, I’m pretty sure the Red Sport came with one already anyway.
Exactly what i needed to know. Thank you.

Getting all the cooling and breathing pieces together to save on labor taking the front end off. One and done.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Exactly what i needed to know. Thank you.

Getting all the cooling and breathing pieces together to save on labor taking the front end off. One and done.
That’s a good plan
The bottom portion of the OEM radiator is an A/T fluid cooler. I don't think that's an RS exclusive.
Good to know, thank you!

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,668 Posts
There is an ATF to coolant heat exchanger that speeds up ATF warm up when the coolant is hotter than the ATF and provides some cooling when/if the ATF is hotter than the coolant.

There is a tiny little sliver in the radiator for ATF to flow through providing some albeit a negligible amount of cooling.

As far as cost it is an easy $200 DIY for an ATF cooler.

Reactions: RaceCar

·
Registered
737 Posts
If yes, what is the prefered brand and where do I mount it.

Thanks
any reputable brand of stacked plate cooler is what you want. theyll cool most efficiently and have the least pressure drop. for mounting, install it somewhere itll have ample airflow. for where to add it in the system, add it to the return side AFTER the radiator.

you just about cant have transmission fluid "too cool".

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,668 Posts
Install after the HX, remove the radiator portion from the loop it’s pointless, especially with a cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts