Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a lot of time to look at my lights, when are the eyebrow led's supposed to be on?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
They are hard to really see that they are on when you are too close to the car. I turned my lights on and walked about 20 yards away before I could really tell they were on. The actual headlights are so bright that it is harder to tell than I had hoped. Really hard to tell when the high beams are on.

When I drove past another Q50 Saturday night I could definitely tell his we're on/visible and I really wondered if mine were defective because they aren't as pronounced. But I have to assume it is just the lighting and distance....hopefully!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are DRLs.
They are not. Thought you knew everything. They are only on when the nighttime headlights are on. They should be DRL's but only the crescent lights next to the main headlights are DRL's.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Actually, I think Aggie is correct. They seem to be "on" any time the car is on however during the day they are VERY hard to tell that they are on at all. But if you cup your hand over them, you'll see that they are in fact on.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
This shouldn't be a mystery. Just start the car in a darkened area(such as a garage at night), don't turn on the headlights, and see if they are on.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I had the same problem with my blinker in my G.

First it was on, then it was off. It just kept doing that . . . :D

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
This shouldn't be a mystery. Just start the car in a darkened area(such as a garage at night), don't turn on the headlights, and see if they are on.
Being in too dark of a location would turn on the headlights not just daytime running lights, which is what is in question.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not on my case. Mine is on the off position and the DRL eyebrow still lid up. You have to kneel down to see it clearly. I asked my brother and he agree that the eyebrow does lid up.

Not if its in the off position. The lights only come on automatically if you have it on the auto setting.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Not on my case. Mine is on the off position and the DRL eyebrow still lid up. You have to kneel down to see it clearly. I asked my brother and he agree that the eyebrow does lid up.
I THINK Aggie was saying that the brights and even dim lights would not come on if the light was turned to the off position since I stated testing it out in a garage could switch the headlights on.

I really do wish the eyebrows were more pronounced during the day!! They are almost non existent. Even pulling up behind a black shiny car/SUV only shows the crescent moon lit up during the day in the reflection. Boo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.