Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I just recently picked up a 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium with 32000kms... I've just recently noticed that the little plastic pieces affixed in front of each wheel, some are kinda looking like they are going to fall off soon. See picture, the circled in red part.

What can I do to fix them up? It's currently still super cold out and don't have access to a garage where I have space to properly take a look.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You can take them off and put them back on. That might solve it. Or just ignore them.

Infiniti put them on instead of curb feelers. They let you know when you're backing off a curb.

Personally, I think we should bring back curb feelers.

Reactions: Fateswarning

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can take them off and put them back on. That might solve it. Or just ignore them.

Infiniti put them on instead of curb feelers. They let you know when you're backing off a curb.

Are they secured by screws or something? I just don't want them to fall off while driving, until I have time to really properly take a look at them when it gets warmer out.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Like he said. ^^^

Plastic push clips. Very easy to reattach. I lost the outers on both fronts already. Deep snow in winter will do that.

I think their real purpose is not curb feelers although they do function well in that role. I believe it is to improve aero. They are definitely not splash guards unless you are always traveling in reverse.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Sorry, I forget that sarcasm doesn't translate to the web. They aren't curb feelers, although they perform that function. They're to keep stones and crap out of your brakes. Not the end of the world if they break off. But they'll stay looking half-off for a long time.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I took my Q50 to the dealer for routine maintenance and they installed a new clip without even asking.
Same result here, was in the neighborhood of my dealer and asked my SA if I could have a couple of clips. He came back with a handful. I guess this is a common occurrence. Took all of 90 seconds for me to resecure them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, awesome guys! ill try to take a look this upcoming weekend see what i can do without a trip to the dealer for the clips LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got my car so it's not due for service anytime soon :/ still so cold up here in Canada, can't take a look at it anytime soon :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
All 4 of mine are half off. Service next week. It better be free!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
All 4 of mine are half off. Service next week. It better be free!
I would not get my undies in a bundle. If the dealer won't fix it just swing by here and I'll take care of it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would not get my undies in a bundle. If the dealer won't fix it just swing by here and I'll take care of it.
That's a lonnnnnnnnng drive for a couple of screws. Road Trip!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

I seem to do fairly well with my curb feeler setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, so I just recently picked up a 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium with 32000kms... I've just recently noticed that the little plastic pieces affixed in front of each wheel, some are kinda looking like they are going to fall off soon. See picture, the circled in red part.

What can I do to fix them up? It's currently still super cold out and don't have access to a garage where I have space to properly take a look.

Thanks guys!
I know is a little late but the part number for the ”stone deflectors” : 76856-4GA0A

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

Where can I buy me falling front splash guards

1 - 20 of 30 Posts