Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe rwd
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a separate button to turn on the fans?
I tried to disable the coolant sensor to make the fans turn on at high speed
and got interesting results, so I would like to do it via a button

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I’d guess you’re the first and only one to do this. I’m curious why you did it?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe rwd
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is a very useful thing, for example, before the race, in 5 minutes the engine oil cooled from 208 degrees to 194, charge air temp dropped from 125 to 113, given that this is a stock intercooler, this is not bad, outside temperature 86
Some people use such system on 3.0t Audi

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I haven't looked at the logic for the Q50 but basically every car since forever tends to turn on the coolant fan when the A/C is set to "max" or recirculate. They usually turn off around 35mph. I bet the Q50 is similar.

I tend to keep my A/C on recirc at all times because of it (too lazy to look in manual) and just drop a window every great once in a while to exchange air mass.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe rwd
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I haven't looked at the logic for the Q50 but basically every car since forever tends to turn on the coolant fan when the A/C is set to "max" or recirculate. They usually turn off around 35mph. I bet the Q50 is similar.

I tend to keep my A/C on recirc at all times because of it (too lazy to look in manual) and just drop a window every great once in a while to exchange air mass.
I turned on the air conditioner to cool the oil and coolant temp even at night, but the radiator of the air conditioner heats up and does not allow the intercooler to cool well, and the fan does not turn on at full power , this method also works, but not as efficient

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do you even have to ask before his question is answered. Maybe the same reason I’m looking because my car is running above temperature at idle. My radiator had a very space where water sometimes but barely escapes so my car doesn’t get it’s the danger zone hot. It’s just a little over half. So turning the fans in to help keep the temperature stabilized so it doesn’t over heat would be a big help. It won’t fix but it will help you round lumpy exit area

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,539 Posts
Why do you even have to ask before his question is answered. Maybe the same reason I’m looking because my car is running above temperature at idle. My radiator had a very space where water sometimes but barely escapes so my car doesn’t get it’s the danger zone hot. It’s just a little over half. So turning the fans in to help keep the temperature stabilized so it doesn’t over heat would be a big help. It won’t fix but it will help you round lumpy exit area
Skyline has been here for a while and was just passing along to OP that he would have seen something about it here if it had been done before. Very common to kind of warn OP that he likely won't get info about it because it has not come up on the forum before. As you can see, he was right - after a few months, and no one was able to really answer his question.
Would be great if you figure out a practical way to accomplish this and would contribute to the forum. Are you going to try and figure it out?

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I asked because I was genuinely curious why the OP would want to do it. If your system is working properly and your coolant doesn’t need to be changed, then I can’t think of any reason to do this mod. So I wanted to know. Pure and simple curiosity, no digs, no judgment. Just curious.

Reactions: damonb10

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 AWD
163 Posts
This would actually be a fun project to do... and pretty straightforward, the only problem you're going to have is wiring it inside the car, especially if you're looking for something temporary. If it's something you plan on putting in for a long time, you could try doing an OEM-style fitment.

All you would really need is a switch you can get at home depot, tap into pin #5 with one wire, and with the other wire tap into pin 3. Wire them both to a switch, and that's all you really need. The other "problem" is you can either have 2 switches. Because there are 2 relays in Infiniti one for each fan. You can either get 2 switches or combine the wires into 2 outputs. When the switch is on it will create a full circuit. I am not 100% sure, but I can definitely try it if you want.

This is kind of how it worked with my brake switch light too.

This is the switch btw
Household hardware Gas Camera accessory Font Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts