Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the occasional InTouch lockup and rear camera back up lines that take some time to load. But the oddest gremlin is how fast my clock is. I reset the time almost every other day and it will be 20 minutes fast every 24 hours. I have had the car a week and can't believe how any OEM could production approve this system. a $5 timex tells better time. Yikes.
As a former G37x owner I am surprised to see so many problems with this one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
there is a setting where you can adjust it to be +mins or -mins from the time showing. mine is at -2mins right now cuz its 2mins fast...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I give up. He should just email Consumer Affairs a link to this forum. Unbelievable how many issues are surfacing.

Funny part is that apart from the big update being missing, I have experience none of them. Knock on wood

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Do you have the hybrid? Clock runs faster in that model. . . Just kidding.

There is a time offset like a previous poster said. I can't remember if there is a setting that grabs the time from the GPS satellites or if you just set it. That may have been a different car that gave the option so i'm not sure but it might be worth looking for.

Also, are you getting any freezes or lockups with in-touch? That may be screwing up the telematics.

Either way, god luck and post back if you find a solution.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
And I'm assuming the time will adjust when DST goes away in a week and a half. Or do we have to change it ourselves?
It's automatic. Factory default uses GPS satellite time, so I never have an issue w/ my time. If--as the OP stated--the time is manually set, then it won't adjust automatically for DST, nor will it sync w/ the satellites to ensure the time is always right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Now that I think about it, since the clock automatically adjusts from one time zone to another, I would assume that the clock adjusts as well. Why it should run slow or fast just doesn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
...only if InTouch gets stuck. I can bet it's happened at least once. :) That's the only guess.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Clock should be set off the GPS. So should always be accurate.

You do need to turn daylight savings time on/off in the fall/spring.

There is an offset setting if you like your clock to display the wrong time (my mom uses this to get places on time - she sets the clock 6 minutes fast).

Not positive, but clock settings may be tied to user/key.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Did the OP check for a time offset like someone else mentioned...that might be the reason why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I scheduled an appt with the dealership for tomorrow morning, so we shall see if the "minor" update to the software fixes this issue. For the record, I have the premium package without navigation. My clock is now an hour fast. It's kindof funny. Maybe I should attach a clock radio to the top of the dash before I bring it in for service.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I scheduled an appt with the dealership for tomorrow morning, so we shall see if the "minor" update to the software fixes this issue. For the record, I have the premium package without navigation. My clock is now an hour fast. It's kindof funny. Maybe I should attach a clock radio to the top of the dash before I bring it in for service.
Are you sure you didn't move one time zone to the east?:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
You do need to turn daylight savings time on/off in the fall/spring.
Seriously?? That is stupid. I do not have to do that with my cell phone, portable Sirius radio, or PC. Why on Earth wouldn't they program this to auto detect?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Seriously?? That is stupid. I do not have to do that with my cell phone, portable Sirius radio, or PC. Why on Earth wouldn't they program this to auto detect?
I'm about 90% sure my G has always automatically changed w/ DST. It's based off the GPS satellites. How could it not auto-adjust for DST?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.