Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve done a bit of research on exhausts. I was really looking to keep my costs down and still maintain a quality product. In the end.. I went back to what I know is a quality product... Fast Intentions. I had it on my Q60 before getting the Q50rs. I went with the Cat Back Exhaust- w/Resonated X-pipe and Touring muffler. Oh and just to top it off the Fast Intentions LDP. 🤦🏽‍♂️.

4-6 weeks out is what the website states, anyone experiencing shorter lead time’s? Or have they been 4-6 spot on?

thanks

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,266 Posts
Unless they have improved on production speed or demand has drastically improved. Was 10 weeks to ship, 11 at door. got mine couple weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I ordered mine at the very first of March and was quoted mid July ship date. Kevin said Covid has them behind some.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve done a bit of research on exhausts. I was really looking to keep my costs down and still maintain a quality product. In the end.. I went back to what I know is a quality product... Fast Intentions. I had it on my Q60 before getting the Q50rs. I went with the Cat Back Exhaust- w/Resonated X-pipe and Touring muffler. Oh and just to top it off the Fast Intentions LDP. 🤦🏽‍♂️.

4-6 weeks out is what the website states, anyone experiencing shorter lead time’s? Or have they been 4-6 spot on?

thanks
LDPs are currently 4-6 weeks. CBEs are 14-16 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
You must be getting a referral fee from Invidia. You should register as a Vendor.
I just have regrets not getting it myself. Trying to help others! If I could do it all over, Invidia CB, MR LDPs, done with UDP-back for just over $1,000. Unbeatable.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
218 Posts
I just have regrets not getting it myself. Trying to help others! If I could do it all over, Invidia CB, MR LDPs, done with UDP-back for just over $1,000. Unbeatable.
I went with this exhaust and LDP set up, very happy with it. Relatively quiet, low key, which is what I wanted. Still makes me a little nervous around cops, cuz it def doesn't sound stock.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Reactions: Nick79

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
Titanium! Yumm!

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LDPs are currently 4-6 weeks. CBEs are 14-16 weeks.
Well, I knew that there would be lead times of course. 4-6 weeks, this is in understandable. 14-16 weeks is way more than I had expected. I could cancel the Cat back and go Ptatohed route, I’ve had Invidia too when I had my STI. I’m guessing this brand would crossover well to Infiniti. Or should I wait?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Well, I knew that there would be lead times of course. 4-6 weeks, this is in understandable. 14-16 weeks is way more than I had expected. I could cancel the Cat back and go Ptatohed route, I’ve had Invidia too when I had my STI. I’m guessing this brand would crossover well to Infiniti. Or should I wait?
My understanding of FI's hand-built products is your CBE order had a non-refundable $500 deposit when you ordered it and the rest is billed 3-5 days prior to the order being completed. You can cancel your order but it will cost you.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,266 Posts
When I was shopping i narrowed down to FI and ark. Ended up FI, but ark was tempting as it was in stock and probably almost as good. At least from reviews and videos/sound clips. The X pipe in the FI is what it’s all about though.

Reactions: Wheels43

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
124 Posts
Ordered March 8, CBE 10"sport muffler with resonated X pipe, and I got my invoice with ready date between June 18 - July 2021 :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My understanding of FI's hand-built products is your CBE order had a non-refundable $500 deposit when you ordered it and the rest is billed 3-5 days prior to the order being completed. You can cancel your order but it will cost you.
I did speak with Kevin and Brad today, both super nice. Since I’m a returning customer they won’t charge me if I decided to cancel.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ordered March 8, CBE 10"sport muffler with resonated X pipe, and I got my invoice with ready date between June 18 - July 2021 :(
From talking with them today, it seemed like they would going beyond a 12-14 week lead time as they are flat out and it’s only ramping up now.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Even if you did eventually take receipt of the FI CBE, and had grown tired of waiting and purchased a different brand in the meantime, enough present and new Q owners would buy it from you in a heartbeat if advertised in the forum classifieds, based on past experience.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Even if you did eventually take receipt of the FI CBE, and had grown tired of waiting and purchased a different brand in the meantime, enough present and new Q owners would buy it from you in a heartbeat if advertised in the forum classifieds, based on past experience.
I should order several CBEs and sell them for a nominal fee when they finally show up.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
124 Posts
From talking with them today, it seemed like they would going beyond a 12-14 week lead time as they are flat out and it’s only ramping up now.
Wooooaahhh!! ;( is that for new orders being placed now? or even with orders placed before?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts