Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wooooaahhh!! ;( is that for new orders being placed now? or even with orders placed before?
Assuming so. I placed mine last night :(

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
130 Posts
Assuming so. I placed mine last night :(
damn well, I suppose ill just ride it out :( given all the positive reviews regarding the exhaust.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The wait is worth it.

FI CBE non res sports muffler - short clip:

Non res FI CBE + FI LDP - screamer mode

After added 12' Vibrant resonators:

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,268 Posts
damn well, I suppose ill just ride it out :( given all the positive reviews regarding the exhaust.
Get a JB4 and slowly work on whatever other mods then once FI CBE comes in you’ll be all set to make some big numbers on a custom ecutek tune and can sell the JB4.

Reactions: SLWQ50_

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I'd just like to know how many Q50 & Q60 exhaust FI annually produces compare to their other product lines - 10% of total production? 20%?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I ordered mine Feb. 1 and was quoted a 12 week lead time at the most. Looks like I ordered just in time as it sounds like lead time has increased since.

Reactions: PNWQ50RS

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Glad I got mine last year. The wait times now are freaking horrible!

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
I took delivery of mine in Sep 2018 IIRC. It was #111, if that's any kind of measurement.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,849 Posts
Mine only took a week of shipping time. LOL!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
He lucked out BIG TIME!

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I took delivery of mine in Sep 2018 IIRC. It was #111, if that's any kind of measurement.
Checked my invoice - 8 week lead-time back in late 2016/early 2017:

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50S
44 Posts
Mine probably took the longest here, ordered September 19, 2020, was completed in February of this year.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,268 Posts
Ordered 9/13/20 arrived 2/17/21

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
622 Posts
Handcrafted jewelry takes time - imagine how difficult it must be as an owner of a business known for making some of the very best in your industry and not being able to scale up to meet demand. The feeling of leaving money on the table would be on your shoulder constantly.

Reactions: SLWQ50_

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
I talked to Kevin about the shop. It was a long friendly conversation about '"Shop Floor Control", capicity, etc..

Getting labor that meets their standard is just a piece of the problem. Covid-19 lockdowns are causing difficulty getting deliveries. The problem is not just his suppliers, but his supplier's in ability to receive their raw materials, and on up the entire supply line.

It's not just his shop, but the whole system.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
It's not just his shop, but the whole system.
And the minute he scales-up - hiring more people, ordering more material (inventory), or even expands or moves to a bigger shop - the economy takes another nose-dive and the orders dry up.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
622 Posts
That is a real possibility - keep an eye on your money Q3-4. I wish I could say if but more likely when the new 2022 tax code is passed, the economy is going to take a hit.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts