Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
Everything is temporary. Except maybe the univers, even that is speculative.

But imagine how FI is going to handle the move to all electric cars. Unless they find another niche to support, it's over.

We discussed flexable capacity. Managing capacity to follow demand is challenging, especially if top quality is the backbone of your business! That's why they don't reply heavely on subcontracting.

They will catch up now that the vaccine is off the ground and Covid-19 regulations relax.

Registered
Vancouver, WA
I ordered mine Feb. 1 and was quoted a 12 week lead time at the most. Looks like I ordered just in time as it sounds like lead time has increased since.
Same, Feb 12th here

Registered
Vancouver, WA
Haha, I鈥檝e been checking my email compulsively waiting for that precious shipping notice!

Registered

Registered
Just an update on FI lead times. I was quoted May 7th as a worst case scenario for shipping. Just got word that it will ship tomorrow, May 7th. Took almost 14 weeks (ordered Feb 1).

Registered
Vancouver, WA
Ordered on Feb 10th and they pulled money on Monday, hopeful mine is shipping this Friday, no shipping confirmation yet though. Congrats btw, I鈥檓 sure it鈥檚 been a tough wait haha, sure has been for me!!

Registered
Sounds like ours may have been made as a pair lol. They charged my balance Monday too so I鈥檇 bet yours will ship too. If you email for an update they can let you know for sure, very responsive. Based on your signature we ordered the same system except the tips. It has been tough but I think it鈥檒l be worth it.

Reactions: PNWQ50RS

Super Moderator
It has been tough but I think it鈥檒l be worth it.
Yes. And will you install it yourself or have a shop do the work?

Registered
I will be doing the install myself. I prefer to do things myself if at all possible. I have trust issues and love to work on stuff. Lol

Registered
Vancouver, WA
Yea same, just a little nervous about the c or v clamp on the turbo exhaust for the down pipes. The rest of it looks really straightforward, bought the o2 socket and all. Just really nervous I get it all apart and get stuck on the clamp and have to put it back together and take to a shop. No real good videos out there for it. Will be using 8in race ramps. I did manage the HX install in an afternoon which was also a little tough.

Registered
Vancouver, WA
I will be doing the install myself. I prefer to do things myself if at all possible. I have trust issues and love to work on stuff. Lol
Seriously, I feel like others just don鈥檛 care like I do and end up cutting corners or not installing everything correctly. Send you home with a box of 鈥渆xtra parts鈥.

Reactions: PQ50SOH and jodedor

Super Moderator
As I like to point out, because I made this mistake - make sure you install the X-pipe in the correct orientation. FI tells you to make sure the "FI" insignia on the side of the X-pipe is right-side up. Well, it's easy to mount the X-pipe upside down, and then the welded-on hangers can be stressed, likely causing the hanger to pull away from the exhaust tubing, creating a hole.

Here's a pic of how the rear exhaust hanger on the X-pipe should look:

Otherwise, the FI CBE installation is fairly straight-forward.

Registered
Vancouver, WA
As I like to point out, because I made this mistake - make sure you install the X-pipe in the correct orientation. FI tells you to make sure the "FI" insignia on the side of the X-pipe is right-side up. Well, it's easy to mount the X-pipe upside down, and then the welded-on hangers can be stressed, likely causing the hanger to pull away from the exhaust tubing, creating a hole.

View attachment 100013
Good tip! How about the full down pipes? Did you have any issues with those?

Super Moderator
Good tip! How about the full Catted down pipes? Did you have any issues with those?
None, because I paid FI to install them. :sneaky:

Registered
Yea same, just a little nervous about the c or v clamp on the turbo exhaust for the down pipes. The rest of it looks really straightforward, bought the o2 socket and all. Just really nervous I get it all apart and get stuck on the clamp and have to put it back together and take to a shop. No real good videos out there for it. Will be using 8in race ramps. I did manage the HX install in an afternoon which was also a little tough.
I only did lowers so I can鈥檛 comment on the difficulty of the full dp install. There isn鈥檛 much space to work with especially since you鈥檙e AWD like me.
just give yourself plenty of time and I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l be successful!

Registered

View attachment 100013
Thanks for sharing, I have seen that posted here before (probably by you). It does look pretty straightforward though and I鈥檓 sure the fitment will be spot on. One reason I went with FI.

Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing, I have seen that posted here before (probably by you). It does look pretty straightforward though and I鈥檓 sure the fitment will be spot on. One reason I went with FI.
It is straight-forward. Don't be surprised at the weight of the stock muffler/tailpipe assembly - it is H-E-A-V-Y., especially when my Q was up in the air on my buddy's 4-post lift and trying to remove it at just above my head (a transmission jack would have been helpful in that sense).

Registered
Well I received my package from FI yesterday afternoon and took the day off today to install. Super easy install. I think the hardest part was getting the OEM mid pipe off of the hangers but even that wasn鈥檛 bad. It took about 3 hours on jack stands working alone (including a break).

The issue I have as others have too is that the center brace isn鈥檛 even close to clearing. I鈥檒l have to make some 20-25mm spacers to make it work. The spacers they provided are not nearly enough.

Other than that it looks and sounds fantastic! I鈥檓 glad I did sport mufflers with the resonated x pipe. Just the right sound for me and not too loud at all.

Reactions: brazza

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
Well I received my package from FI yesterday afternoon and took the day off today to install. Super easy install. I think the hardest part was getting the OEM mid pipe off of the hangers but even that wasn鈥檛 bad. It took about 3 hours on jack stands working alone (including a break).

The issue I have as others have too is that the center brace isn鈥檛 even close to clearing. I鈥檒l have to make some 20-25mm spacers to make it work. The spacers they provided are not nearly enough.

Other than that it looks and sounds fantastic! I鈥檓 glad I did sport mufflers with the resonated x pipe. Just the right sound for me and not too loud at all.
I believe most of us with FI CBEs had to do the spacer/washer addition to clear the cross-member.

Registered
I believe most of us with FI CBEs had to do the spacer/washer addition to clear the cross-member.
Yeah I鈥檝e read that while researching the system. They provided 1/4鈥 spacers but it looks like I need about 3/4鈥 or more. I wouldn鈥檛 want to stack that many washers up lol.
I鈥檓 wondering if my LDPs are a little longer than most. The amount of interference seems extreme.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts