Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of post with topics on exhaust but my question is as of recently what kind of wait time have people been seeing when ordering a fast intentions? If my impatience gets the better of me what have people reviewed about HKS or Ark that are similar pricing with current sales? This is for the 3.0t by the way

·
Registered
19 Posts
A lot of post with topics on exhaust but my question is as of recently what kind of wait time have people been seeing when ordering a fast intentions? If my impatience gets the better of me what have people reviewed about HKS or Ark that are similar pricing with current sales? This is for the 3.0t by the way

I have two 2019 Q50RSs, both with FI exhaust. It used to be about a two month wait, but I can unhesitatingly say that the wait is worth it. Superb quality, sound, customer service, etc. I wouldn't consider any other system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6-8 weeks wait time even during the winter and it is well worth the wait. I ordered mine in November 2018 and got it at the end of January 2019. Once I finally got mine, the quality and the sound was even better than expected.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
I'll 3rd this 100%. The FI exhaust wait almost killed me though lol. Absolutely no buyers remorse and worth the wait. #1 BEST mod to my car.

The performance of just my FI system alone was amazing (full catted downpipes and resonated X-pipe). A lot of power and slight MPG bump. Enough so I almost did not get the EcuTec tune.

FI has dynos on their site showing the performance gains.

Fit, finish, sound, performance, and a tad lighter than the OEM system. Only hack is cost and wait. Bottom line I'd do it again.

I just wish I had ordered it b4 I waited for my vin#. I lost a few weeks, and could have had it sooner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dude.....just order it and don't think about it. "Good things come to those who wait". It's dam pricey.....yeah...…. you gottah wait...…..yeah...….. but sweet peter...….it is by far (imho) the best exhaust that compliments the q50. Build quality is top notch. My installer who has a custom exhaust shop was very impressed. The sound is deep and throaty without being obnoxiously loud and in your face. When you get it be sure to turn off the fake exhaust noise being piped in thru the speakers. I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll 3rd this 100%. The FI exhaust wait almost killed me though lol. Absolutely no buyers remorse and worth the wait. #1 BEST mod to my car.

The performance of just my FI system alone was amazing (full catted downpipes and resonated X-pipe). A lot of power and slight MPG bump. Enough so I almost did not get the EcuTec tune.

FI has dynos on their site showing the performance gains.

Fit, finish, sound, performance, and a tad lighter than the OEM system. Only hack is cost and wait. Bottom line I'd do it again.

I just wish I had ordered it b4 I waited for my vin#. I lost a few weeks, and could have had it sooner.
Dude.....just order it and don't think about it. "Good things come to those who wait". It's dam pricey.....yeah...…. you gottah wait...…..yeah...….. but sweet peter...….it is by far (imho) the best exhaust that compliments the q50. Build quality is top notch. My installer who has a custom exhaust shop was very impressed. The sound is deep and throaty without being obnoxiously loud and in your face. When you get it be sure to turn off the fake exhaust noise being piped in thru the speakers. I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.
Thanks everyone for the replies, I am probably going to pull the trigger on the FI! Those with the downpipes, cattedd or not what kind of sound increase came out of that?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,361 Posts
I went with the resonated x-pipe cbe and full down pipes with HFCs (pretty much a mortgage payment). No issues whatsoever.....no codes....no burning smells......zilch. For my $58k RS, megan racing wasn't cutting it.
LOL @ "...pretty much a mortgage payment". Yup, I can relate.

FI builds their exhausts to order. Their shop is small, and inventory is overhead, so you are trading the build time vs an even higher cost for a quality built exhaust. I can appreciate their attention to detail, like grinding down the welds inside the piping for smoother flow.

You have similar #'s to what I'm seeing with an Ecutek tune on pump gas, and FI DPs & CBE: 425-450 whp, and 500-525 wtq. That's impressive #'s for just adding a few mods to this VR30 platform.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Absolutely get the resonated X-pipe if you get full downpipes catted or not. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Keven tossing around this one. Boy am I glad I did. I keep my garage door closed to keep in the cold start noise in. After, its just fine. I remote start my car from the kitchen. By the time I walk through the breezeway and the garage door opens the car gets quiet, or close to it. ? It's very acceptable around town but throaty but speaks with authoraty when you give it the go juice. Wind and tire noise is prominent on the highway till you juice it especially in sport+. Std & eco mode are quieter.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Absolutely get the resonated X-pipe if you get full downpipes catted or not.
It's not mentioned very often, but the standard FI exhaust tips are also resonated, too. The optional tri-color tips are not.

·
Registered
249 Posts

I ordered mine on 3/24, which was a Sunday. They got back to me the next day, confirmed the order, charged me a $300 non-refundable deposit (because they make to order, and which they are clear about doing so during the order process), and provided an estimated ship date of 5/10-5/24.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
IIRC mine was 14 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my CBE and LDPs on April 15 and my estimated ship date is June 14th - June 28th. Wish it could come sooner.. but worth the wait. I'm surprised they are still offering the exhaust for $1309 as they told me that prices will be changing soon when I ordered. Or maybe they said that to get me to buy it now.. lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
YES!!! Look what I found when I arrived home from work today! A genuine FI resonated cat back exhaust....Christmas in May! Now I have another, perhaps more rewarding, project for this weekend.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
YES!!! Look what I found when I arrived home from work today! A genuine FI resonated cat back exhaust....Christmas in May! Now I have another, perhaps more rewarding, project for this weekend.:D

Congrats! And don't make the mistake I did - installing the Intermediate ("X") Pipe upside down. On my Q60 Red Sport exhaust, which only differs from the Q50 with Round vs Oval mufflers, the FI insignia needs to be right side up, and the "L" hanger needs to hang with the horizontal bar on top. If the horizontal part of the "L" hanger is on the bottom, eventually the weight of the system and the rubber hangers will cause the vertical part of the "L" to pull away at the weld point to the pipe wall, and you'll get a small hole to open up. FI found the issue and re-welded the "L" bracket when I had them install my Catted DPs at their shop last Fall.

Whew...:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Will do, thank you for the tip.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Do you have Downpipes? They make a big difference! LDP are fairly easy to put in too. Full DP's are a bit better but a PITA to install.
FI pipes are Jewelry! Beautiful workmanship. Congrats!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do you have Downpipes? They make a big difference! LDP are fairly easy to put in too. Full DP's are a bit better but a PITA to install.
FI pipes are Jewelry! Beautiful workmanship. Congrats!
Nope, no DP's at all. Thinking this will be enough... for now...>:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
ARK Sounds good too, especially if you don't wanna wait I think 8-12 weeks lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
^^^ I have this on my Q50(3.7) "when" I get a RS I'm just going to swap the exhaust over :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts