Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who love to spend a Saturday afternoon making sure our cars look great, having the right product is a necessity. Share your favorite products. Washes, waxes, spray detailers and other products are all welcome.

I'll kick things off. I have enjoyed using Black Light and Black from Chemical Guys for the past six months. They go on easy and provide great results. I also like their Stripper Scent air freshener. It smells a lot different than the name implies. I am anxious to try Wolfs Chemicals Hard Body. Some of the folks over on Club Lexus swear by it.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Still haven't found a better tire shine product than Black Magic wet tire shine. The shine holds like no other & noticeably lasts at least a couple of weeks. What type of product is the Black Light?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black Light is a gloss enhancer that provides a bit of protection for the paint. I top it with Black to provide the most protection and shine possible.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Hard Body Stripper Scent???

We're talking about cars, right? Or do you have this curious option on your car?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I like a lot of me Meguiars products ... And optimum opticoat 2.0 ... Apply it once and a lil clay and wax goes loooooooonnnnnnngggggg way...

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard Body Stripper Scent???

We're talking about cars, right? Or do you have this curious option on your car?

I wonder if I can get that for my Grand Cherokee. Comes as a set (platform w/pole + dancer), right? :D

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Depends on the paint ... but I've been a fan of Klasse AIO/SG for a long time. The SG (sealant glaze) layers on very nice and on black paint (ie. obsidian) it has a lot of depth and wet look to it.

Zaino is another good brand for quick layering, but I've always liked it on a lighter paints.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Farecla G10 is a must have in the detail cabinet. Removes all surface contaminents and minor clear coat imperfections. Can be used on a buffer pad (variable speed preferred) with Farecla G-Mop pad kit. This is will take the little "rust" and rail dust spots off of a white car with superior results.

An Absorber (thats the brand name) shammy is the only way to go. Its synthetic and slides like glass. For best results, mist some spray-wax onto the shammy while drying after a wash.

Also, Worlds Best Wax is my wax of choice. Simply amazing results.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
If we're talking equipment rather than "ingredients", a few grit guards are essential

There's several other detailing threads that mention GG and the 2-bucket method......

Reactions: boone

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks for sharing that! Might pick one up for drying the grille and the wheels!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just use my craftsman compressor :D

To be fair this is far cheaper :rolleyes:
I like the idea of having an air compressor, as long as it's electric.

This is about the cheapest Craftsman unit that I found - which do you have? How did you select that particular model?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
A true blower for dying the car would be the Metro Blaster MB3.

That CG one isn't really powerful enough.

Chemical Guys makes good soaps. But not a huge fan of their other products

Their leather cleaner is very affordable as it dilutes 1:6

Meguiars, Optimum, CarPro, Menzerna, SONAX are probably my most trusted brands

Runners up are Chemical Guys, AutoGlym, Griots Garage, 3M

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Black Light is a gloss enhancer that provides a bit of protection for the paint. I top it with Black to provide the most protection and shine possible.
I just ordered both of these. I hope it gives that really nice gloss/shine to the car.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just ordered both of these. I hope it gives that really nice gloss/shine to the car.
I think you'll be pleased. Remember, a little goes a long way when applying either of those products.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I just read a thread the other day where someone said they wash their car then use a silicon squeegee to swipe the water off before using a microfiber or terrycloth towel to pick up the rest of the water. If you are 100% sure your car is clean after final rinse, this is actually a pretty good idea.

Then again some detailers say to lift the water off using waffle towels or synthetic chamois like the Absorber. Just slap it on, wait a second, then lift off and squeeze out. The silicon squeegee idea kinda scares me a little thanks to the fact that every small flying or walking bug within 25 miles is on my car the second I start drying it. I usually wash at dusk or night so they're hanging around anyway but love clean cars.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I just read a thread the other day where someone said they wash their car then use a silicon squeegee to swipe the water off before using a microfiber or terrycloth towel to pick up the rest of the water. If you are 100% sure your car is clean after final rinse, this is actually a pretty good idea.
That's what I do. I give the car a final rinse after washing it. The squeegee only works if there's a good layer of water on the car - otherwise, it "scrapes" along the surface. Doing it this way saves a lot of time, and you need fewer towels afterward.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.