Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is worth in gold if you participate.
List one or more features that you like in your Q50 that you didn't have in your previous ride?

:cool:I'll start:
1) Daytime running lights.- best so far

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
1) Daytime running lights
2) LED Headlights
3) LED front and mirror turn signals
4) Controls that work my iPod without that 1980 cassette adapter
5) Power retracting front seatbelts
6) Folding Rear Seats
7) Tech Package
8) Review Camera
9) Front and Rear Sonar
10) Touch Sensitive Unlocking
11) Steering wheel and Driver seat exit(can't remember what it's call and don't feel like looking it up)

I am sure that I could go on and on, since I drove my 04 G35 longer than I have ever driven a car before.:eek:

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
-Adaptive lighting system w/ DRLs
-InTouch/dual touch screens
-Moonroof
-Safety tech (ALC, FCI, BCI, etc.)
-Around view cam w/ MOD
-Quiet cabin; softer ride
-Nice 19in. wheels
-TORSO SUPPORT :p
-DAS :)
-Oh yea, did I mention the lights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two fobs (mine and for my better half) can be used with different settings to each preferences. Don't need to press any switch or fob button to open the car, fob sensing door handles.
here are other key features:
Moving Object Detection,
Distance Control Assist,
Blind-Spot Intervention,
Backup Collision Intervention,
Forward Collision Warning,
Predictive Forward Collision Warning,
Forward Emergency Braking,
and
Lane Departure Prevention with Active Lane Control

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know this is really silly, but man... do I love the 28+ MPG. That's better than my 4 cyl. G20!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Q50S-H

Gas mileage of a little four banger, yet one of the gutsiest cars on the road
Personalized drive mode can be set to make the car feel like a casual Sunday driving car,
yet in sport mode it's a tight, responsive sports car.

It's the most versitile car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Maybe it's because I just came from a 6MT, but I really like the gearshift's operation. It's kind of like the old school His & Hers shifters in the GTO, or was it the 442. Noticeable is the additional engine braking when tapping it to the manual side. They could have skipped the paddles. If the gearshift itself were a little shorter, it would be perfect.

The TPMS providing pressure at each tire is an appreciated feature. My LR is always 1 or 2 psi lower than the others. I'll have to look at that.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
This is the first car I've driven with rain-sensing wipers and I always thought it was a gimmick/random feature that wouldn't be useful.

Well, I take that back now! Here in Tucson we hardly get much rain, but in the past 48 hours, we've been experiencing more rain than we've had in 5-10 years.

I had to make a quick run last night and it's pretty nice not having to worry about messing around with the "wiper stalk" and just concentrate on the road. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This is the first car I've driven with rain-sensing wipers and I always thought it was a gimmick/random feature that wouldn't be useful.

Well, I take that back now! Here in Tucson we hardly get much rain, but in the past 48 hours, we've been experiencing more rain than we've had in 5-10 years.

I had to make a quick run last night and it's pretty nice not having to worry about messing around with the "wiper stalk" and just concentrate on the road. :)
I've had that feature on a couple of cars, and agree that it's a gimmick. Did not want. Did not get. Not missed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love what I am calling the "electric turbo" on my Q50S Hybrid. When I mash the gash the electric motor seems to add power first then the motor does its thing with an easier downshif to extract more power out of the engine. I don't have a typical automatic power lag when I hit the gas.

My second favorite is the nanny tech sonar when I am in "wicked" traffic here on 128 in Boston. When in stop and go traffic and you turn on the adaptive lane control all I have to do is work the gas pedal gently and let the Q50 sense the car in front of me and gently apply the electric motor braking and actual braking system. What I don't know is if my brake lights are turned on when the sonar system decides to apply braking force to the car. Does anyone know the braking works when the sensors decide to apply braking force?

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love what I am calling the "electric turbo" on my Q50S Hybrid. When I mash the gash the electric motor seems to add power first then the motor does its thing with an easier downshif to extract more power out of the engine. I don't have a typical automatic power lag when I hit the gas.

My second favorite is the nanny tech sonar when I am in "wicked" traffic here on 128 in Boston. When in stop and go traffic and you turn on the adaptive lane control all I have to do is work the gas pedal gently and let the Q50 sense the car in front of me and gently apply the electric motor braking and actual braking system. What I don't know is if my brake lights are turned on when the sonar system decides to apply braking force to the car. Does anyone know the braking works when the sensors decide to apply braking force?
I agree on your electric turbo comments. I believe the answer to your brake light question is yes ( read it here some time ago).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.