Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my S yesterday and got windows tinted. I noticed that the rear wheel wells are lined with felt material, like that found lining a trunk. What happened to good ol hard durable plastic. I just don't see this felt holding up to any sort of driving conditions. At first I thought that the factory forgot to install the plastic linging like that found in the front wheel wells. I called dealer and they checked their inventory. All cars had the felt. What is your opinion? Ordering deck spoiler from Stillen.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Actually a friend of mine told me that this was just a carry over from the later model G37s I believe! It had that felt fender liner as well and it actually held up better than the plastic ones! This is coming from guys who lower their car and have their tires rub the fender liner so that was good to hear!

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Nissan has be putting this on their cars for a while now. My 2010 Maxima had "felt" lined rear wheel wells. It is probably better at reducing road noise.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Pretty sure the road noise is the reason behind it.

It holds up well. I haven't seen issues yet.

It does hold dirt more than plastic. I just put the pressure hose in there and hose it out when I come back from the snow.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I noticed this the first time I looked at a Q50 in person. The M37 has had it for a while and my GS does too. It damps noise like rocks pelting the fender liner, etc. Pretty good idea really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.