Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad just hit my car in the driveway and I'm wondering what the best approach to repair is going to be. Do you think entire fender will need to be replaced? Should it be replaced vs repaired regardless. Anyone with a cost estimate? I am so bummed. The rest of the car is in almost perfect condition.

I am not sure whether to pay for it or report it as an accident. Anybody know a good body shop for this in the South Bay Area, CA?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,664 Posts
Dad drinking again?

Don't forget to sue for diminished value.

If you are over 18 and still living at home rent free, it might be a message.

Just hammer it out like you're at Martinsville.

It depends on what the insurance and body shop decide. With blending the paint into the hood and door, it's probably $1500 to $2000.

I feel for ya. Do a thorough inspection when you pick it up after it is fixed to make sure everything is to your liking.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,170 Posts
So dad isn’t fixing it?

You can get that fender for about $4-800 online. labor isn’t too hard of DIY or shouldn’t be more than 5 hour shop time. Really probably 3 for a competent shop but they got to get that overhead.

replace the fender will be much easier, cheaper, and better results for that level of damage,

this is assuming that only the fender is damaged and nothing else.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
I just had my car hit on Friday. Heres the fender, without paint. Dont foget to check all your brackets. I have several support brackets broken and a hit nearby the same area.
Check this: I’m having a great Friday

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just had my car hit on Friday. Heres the fender, without paint. Dont foget to check all your brackets. I have several support brackets broken and a hit nearby the same area.
Check this: I’m having a great Friday
View attachment 101493
I honestly thought this was about your car when I saw the picture. I thought you got your fender reattached or something and were showing progress. Lol. Its a pandemic.

Reactions: Batell

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
610 Posts
I honestly thought this was about your car when I saw the picture. I thought you got your fender reattached or something and were showing progress. Lol. Its a pandemic.
I'm still shocked it even happened, hoping all is well for others...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm still shocked it even happened, hoping all is well for others...
No kidding I got into an accident a little over two months ago and past couple of months have been an absolute nightmare. Headlight already needs to be replaced, both bumper tabs broken and paint already beginning to chip.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Like @Pillboy said. Diminished value if you make an insurance claim. It could be as minor as a scratched rear bumper fascia and it will show up on CarFax as having been in an accident. Without explanation. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I'm not paying, should I take it to dealership. They did a great job getting my hood repainted when I bought it as it started to bubble in a two inch area they did it for free. Or will they tell you where they get it done?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since I'm not paying, should I take it to dealership. They did a great job getting my hood repainted when I bought it as it started to bubble in a two inch area they did it for free. Or will they tell you where they get it done?
I would bring it to the dealer for best quality. My biggest regret is not having my car fixed there. Still dealing with crappy body work trying to get them to make things right on my car.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just ask them who they use for bodywork, and then take it there directly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found this site: bytelaunch not sure why it shows bytelaunch, but it is collission infinitiusa.com

Seems legit. One close has 5 stars and lots of reviews. Sent in for quote using app to one close by.

·
Registered
51 Posts
find a wrecked car with a good fender and swap it over. might take a little searching but based on how the people on the facebook pages take care of their cars, it should be too hard to find a wrecked/totaled Q50 with a good fender.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
42 Posts
Wait so your dad hit your car and you're paying for it?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Before you replace it, see if you can get a heat gun and push out the dents.
Or pull the dents out

I probably won't be perfect but try that at least and see how you like it

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,825 Posts
Or pull the dents out

That quarter panel needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EST: $2,225.47

I can live with that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait so your dad hit your car and you're paying for it?
He's not getting off that easy.

find a wrecked car with a good fender and swap it over. might take a little searching but based on how the people on the facebook pages take care of their cars, it should be too hard to find a wrecked/totaled Q50 with a good fender.
The paint needs to be blended. This car looked like new and I want it that way when done :)

Reactions: xBlitzkriegx

·
Registered
439 Posts
Or pull the dents out

Hey I was trying to save the man some money lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
same same, just trying to save him some money, lol. its a lighter color, theres a small chance that it wont be very faded. i mean, either way, finding a clean silver fender is worth a shot since itll be OEM and wont require as much prep work. im mostly kidding though, i hope your car gets fixed correctly!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts