Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm coming from a 12 mustang 5.0 which was a beast but now needed something more refined so went with a q50. I tested both Q60 and Q50. Q60 seems quite sportier but nothing crazy I'm 6'3 and didn't quite feel comfortable in the q60. Plus the coupes LCD is extremely outdated IMO. Now that I have the car I'm only thinking about mods. I was thinking about a custom muffler delete system and in the future some 20' vossen's. Do any of you have an exhaust system yet?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Stillen is the only exhaust out right now and you have plenty of sound clips in the forum if you do a quick search. Any pics of the mustang? I came from an 03 gt so the q50 is just as quick I couldn't imagine buying a slower car, the 5.0 is a beast it was one of the cars on my list when I got the q50.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stillen is the only exhaust out right now and you have plenty of sound clips in the forum if you do a quick search. Any pics of the mustang? I came from an 03 gt so the q50 is just as quick I couldn't imagine buying a slower car, the 5.0 is a beast it was one of the cars on my list when I got the q50.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There she is :)

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok.
and yeah 5.0s are really quick
I had 3.73 gears, catback, tune, CAI . 19x5, falken 275,35 19 on the rear and it was lowered.
Im going to miss her but either way I love my q50. More tech and the quality as way nicer. Oh, and gas lol i was averaging 11-12 mpg on my stand and it was my DD -_-

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
thats a mean mustang, i've got a muffler delete or straight pipe whichever you wanna call it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
so I'm coming from a 12 mustang 5.0 which was a beast but now needed something more refined so went with a q50. I tested both Q60 and Q50. Q60 seems quite sportier but nothing crazy I'm 6'3 and didn't quite feel comfortable in the q60. Plus the coupes LCD is extremely outdated IMO. Now that I have the car I'm only thinking about mods. I was thinking about a custom muffler delete system and in the future some 20' vossen's. Do any of you have an exhaust system yet?
I have the Stillen cat-back exhaust on my Q50 and it looks and sounds great. Smooth deep growl under hard acceleration and at lower rpms and while cruising it quiets down and it isn't loud or annoying. I think it's just right as far as volume and tone. It definitely gives the Q50 the exhaust note that it deserves, especially considering that I personally think the stock exhaust is too bland and muted, so the Stillen exhaust is a welcome upgrade. :cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the Stillen cat-back exhaust on my Q50 and it looks and sounds great. Smooth deep growl under hard acceleration and at lower rpms and while cruising it quiets down and it isn't loud or annoying. I think it's just right as far as volume and tone. It definitely gives the Q50 the exhaust note that it deserves, especially considering that I personally think the stock exhaust is too bland and muted, so the Stillen exhaust is a welcome upgrade. :cool:
Do you have a video of it posted somewhere here?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds nice,
Hopefully you have a video of it that way we can all check it out :)
As far as power gains.. Any improvement in throttle response?

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds nice,
Hopefully you have a video of it that way we can all check it out :)
As far as power gains.. Any improvement in throttle response?
Yes I did notice an improvement in both throttle response and overall acceleration. Nothing major but I definitely noticed an improvement. I also noticed a slight improvement in highway fuel economy, when I'm cruising steadily on the highway at around 65 mph I noticed about 1 mpg overall improvement on the highway, at least according to the average fuel economy reading inside the car.

Overall this is a great exhaust for the Q50, and I would recommend it to any Q50 owner who thinks just as I do that the stock exhaust sound is too muted and bland and is looking for something sportier-sounding but not too loud. I really have nothing even remotely negative to report on it. I like the looks, the sound, and the overall performance. :cool:

As for the video, I will have something on here by the end of next week at the latest.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I did notice an improvement in both throttle response and overall acceleration. Nothing major but I definitely noticed an improvement. I also noticed a slight improvement in highway fuel economy, when I'm cruising steadily on the highway at around 65 mph I noticed about 1 mpg overall improvement on the highway, at least according to the average fuel economy reading inside the car.

Overall this is a great exhaust for the Q50, and I would recommend it to any Q50 owner who thinks just as I do that the stock exhaust sound is too muted and bland and is looking for something sportier-sounding but not too loud. I really have nothing even remotely negative to report on it. I like the looks, the sound, and the overall performance. :cool:

As for the video, I will have something on here by the end of next week at the latest.
Sounds amazing :) I bet you're that much more in love with your car now

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I was given a V6 13 Mustang convertible for a rental as a "we're sorry" sort of thing and it was pretty awesome. People are kinda ambivalent about the new Mustang but I think it looks pretty good and I'd love to take a closer look at it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.