Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving it now for 2 weeks and I am in love with the car. I haven't even added any mods yet and it's pretty quick off the line stock. Can't wait to start some mods :)

I got it with Essentials package and ProAssist package, so I am missing out on the Bose (but, not really missing out).

A lot of people complain about the InTouch system. For me, it's perfect. I came from a 2016 Land Rover and this system is hands down better (except the sound). Bluetooth initializes in a few seconds, vs 2-3 minutes on the Rover. When you click anything on the screen, it responds a ton faster than the Rover ever did. I know this is all subjective, but for me it's leaps better than what I had.

The stock 6 speakers, however, are abysmal. They're coming out of the car very soon and some aftermarket speakers, amp and sub is going in.

Anyways, just wanted to share my 2 cents on it. Now to saving some more cash to upgrade things

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice looking ride. Congratulations!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice congrats. We’re in the same boat. Love this car. You got the tints right away too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Agreed. I went straight from the dealer to my tint spot then car wash lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. I went straight from the dealer to my tint spot then car wash
I so wanted to do the same, but my tint shop I've been using for years was backed up for a week. Shows how good their work is, though👍

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sick ride! Looks like mine. I also have a 2018 Luxe in white. Solid choice. Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been driving it now for 2 weeks and I am in love with the car. I haven't even added any mods yet and it's pretty quick off the line stock. Can't wait to start some mods :)

I got it with Essentials package and ProAssist package, so I am missing out on the Bose (but, not really missing out).

A lot of people complain about the InTouch system. For me, it's perfect. I came from a 2016 Land Rover and this system is hands down better (except the sound). Bluetooth initializes in a few seconds, vs 2-3 minutes on the Rover. When you click anything on the screen, it responds a ton faster than the Rover ever did. I know this is all subjective, but for me it's leaps better than what I had.

The stock 6 speakers, however, are abysmal. They're coming out of the car very soon and some aftermarket speakers, amp and sub is going in.

Anyways, just wanted to share my 2 cents on it. Now to saving some more cash to upgrade things View attachment 90608
Great ride. Have the same but 2020. Looking for upgrading the sound because speakers they have installed on this car is garbage. Had a 2016 with bose before btw. Have you decided on what will you be installing yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah you got the color I wanted. I got an 18 Luxe but it is Black but it does have tint and the Bose system so I ain't complaining. I noticed folks here love to add mods. I am happy with sound, speed, and ride as stock. Taking some relatives from out of town out in it tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great ride. Have the same but 2020. Looking for upgrading the sound because speakers they have installed on this car is garbage. Had a 2016 with bose before btw. Have you decided on what will you be installing yet?
I've kind of picked my stuff, but I haven't started buying yet. Hopefully, next month. Here's what I am planning on getting:

• Rockford Fosgate DSR1 (Digital signal processor)
  • Pioneer GM-D9705 5 channel amp (100 x 4 @ 2ohm 600x1 @ 2ohm RMS)
  • Infiniti Kappa 60CSX (6.5 inch component set powered by 2 channels)
  • Infiniti Kappa 20MX (2" mid range add on for 60CSX powered by the other 2 channels)
  • Infiniti Kappa 1200W (12" sub)
  • 12" BBox premade box (until summer, when I can work with fiberglass outside. Then, making custom enclosure on the side of the trunk. )
But, I might substitute the Kappa 3 way set with a Focal Access 3 way set. Found a killer deal on a new set. Only thing I don't like about the Focals is the metal tweeter. So, going to go and listen before I commit.

It's not a high end system, but I feel it'll sound great for the money. Plus, the DSR1 will allow perfect adjustment. Just need to find someone with an RTA I can borrow👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah you got the color I wanted. I got an 18 Luxe but it is Black but it does have tint and the Bose system so I ain't complaining. I noticed folks here love to add mods. I am happy with sound, speed, and ride as stock. Taking some relatives from out of town out in it tomorrow.
Nice on the black. Too funny that you got the color I wanted and with the Bose I wanted....lol...I ain't complaining, though, the platinum is a beautiful color too and it's now grown on me. Pleus, she's in amazing shape, like new, and the price was spot on. My plan is to mod, but nothing major. I want a JB4, heat exchanger and an oil catch can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice. My wife has the same color 2014 Premuim. I drive it as much as I can lol.
Yesss! It's just a fun car to drive....even at just 300 HP (like that's just 300...lol). Can't wait for some JB4 action towards the middle of summer😎👍

·
Registered
53 Posts
Indeed. My wife's has the 3.7 so just about 330 HP. She lost her license driving our old 98 Merc E320 (heavy foot) and that only had about 220 HP. She's being careful this time lol. My 2015 Accord Sport 6M only has about 190 but it's a 6 speed so it's still fun to drive and looks nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my 2018 3.0t AWD on Monday (2/17) and had the JB4 installed by Wednesday. Running map 2 - car is FAST - makes the CTS 3.6L it replaced feel pokey by comparison. Love it so far - especially when my foot is on the floor!

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my 2018 3.0t AWD on Monday (2/17) and had the JB4 installed by Wednesday. Running map 2 - car is FAST - makes the CTS 3.6L it replaced feel pokey by comparison. Love it so far - especially when my foot is on the floor!
Love the color and congrats! I must get a JB4 soon!🤪

1 - 20 of 34 Posts