Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks. After combing the internet for a 2018/19 Iridium Blue RS for a few weeks, I finally picked up a CPO 2019 with about 19k miles with the sensory, proactive and carbon fiber package. I actually turned in my sport model which was blue and the lease ended yesterday so I decided on buying a preowned instead of leasing another one. When I first saw it last week, it wasn't detailed yet and I wasn't too sure that I liked the interior because it was gallery white and the car hadn't been detailed yet. When I went to pick the car up today, my eyes almost popped out of my head it looked so good and I know the seats are gonna require more maintenance, but I love them. I know the 2018/19s have the illuminated emblem, but I figured it wasn't wired up and the salesman said he didn't think it was wired up. Tonight I went outside to admire the car and as soon as I pressed the remote, I saw that emblem glowing and that put the icing on the cake. The car also had the Bridgestone Driveguard RFTs. I've read that those tires aren't that great either, but during my 90 mile drive home on some roads that weren't that great, I can definitely say that the car felt smoother and more stable, especially on uneven surfaces than the Dunlop's which had my previous sport model all over the place.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congratulations! Pics? Interested in the interior especially.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Congrats! Your interior will definitely require more maintenance to keep them clean. And as with any other tires, not all RFTs are created equal. I also found those Bridgestone to better than Dunlops A/S RFTs. I now have Pirelli RFTs on my 740 and they're also better than Dunlop summer RFTs (perhaps anything is better than dunlops ;)). I might switch to Michelin 4S ZP once the right sizes become available for my car.

Enjoy your new(to-you) car!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I have the wheat interior. After six years and 57K miles they still look great. A periodic wipe with some leather cleaner is all it takes. I was told they have some kind of coating to repel stains. I dunno.

The only time I had a problem was when some brand new Levis bled the blue dye onto the seat. That took a little more elbow grease to remove.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! Your interior will definitely require more maintenance to keep them clean. And as with any other tires, not all RFTs are created equal. I also found those Bridgestone to better than Dunlops A/S RFTs. I now have Pirelli RFTs on my 740 and they're also better than Dunlop summer RFTs (perhaps anything is better than dunlops ;)). I might switch to Michelin 4S ZP once the right sizes become available for my car.

Enjoy your new(to-you) car!
Thanks. I drove the car today and those tires have improved the ride by alot! I live in NYC and some of the roads are terrible. Thank God I have a second car. I gotta see how they handle in the rain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the wheat interior. After six years and 57K miles they still look great. A periodic wipe with some leather cleaner is all it takes. I was told they have some kind of coating to repel stains. I dunno.

The only time I had a problem was when some brand new Levis bled the blue dye onto the seat. That took a little more elbow grease to remove.
Funny you mentioned levis, because that's what most of my jeans are. I might have to buy a seat pad or something. What kind of leather cleaner do you use?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Funny you mentioned levis, because that's what most of my jeans are. I might have to buy a seat pad or something. What kind of leather cleaner do you use?
Meguiar's wipes. Nothing fancy but they seem to work fine. I had to use a little "Awesome" cleaner first for the blue stain though.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Meguiar's wipes. Nothing fancy but they seem to work fine. I had to use a little "Awesome" cleaner first for the blue stain though.
Meguiar's wipes ftw! I've been using it on my 12-yr old car and leather still feels supple and no cracking. Just normal wear on the driver side bolsters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts