Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think Infiniti should design a feature in their Infiniti application that helps you locate your vehicle. Kind of like "Find my iPhone from Apple. The other day I was leaving the mall in Orlando after shopping for several hours and could not remember where I parked. wtf I'm only 23 anyway when I finally remembered where I part that store had 3 different entrances -_____- the app would you locate your vehicle if you were to run into my situation or any other situation. Cold also prevent against theft. What do you guys think?

I'm at work so forgive me if I made no sense lol I'll read through this when I get off. But would be nice yeah?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Maybe part of the infiniti connection! Not sure cuz I havent tried it out but there might be something like that!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Here's how you can use your smart phone to find your car: take a photo of your car park location and mark the location on the phone map.

·
Registered
23 Posts
find my car

There is an android app called Find my Car - it works fine as long as you aren't in a enclosed parking garage - sometimes works in there depending on the GPS signal, but always works in outside paring lots - have fun:D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
There is an android app called Find my Car - it works fine as long as you aren't in a enclosed parking garage - sometimes works in there depending on the GPS signal, but always works in outside paring lots - have fun:D
Yes there are bunch of apps for iPhones too but they will work as long as the parked car is open to sky.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I was just in the apple App Store and there is a program called "Infiniti Tracker" but it only looks available in S. Africa and it appears to be an extra service you pay for.

At least there appears to be something out there that might be able to be integrated??

·
Registered
40 Posts
That would be a pretty nice feature, but at the same time you should be able to remember where you park your car. It would also be helpful for if your car gets stolen. There are other options though. That "tile" product lets you track things like that.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
That would be a pretty nice feature, but at the same time you should be able to remember where you park your car. It would also be helpful for if your car gets stolen. There are other options though. That "tile" product lets you track things like that.
I agree but in unfamiliar territory or if you are in a hurry this could be VERY useful.

Classic example: running late to catch a flight. Hop into the airport's long term parking and jump out to get through security and check-in.

I usually take a pic on my phone so I know where I parked as I usually won't remember after a week long trip.

Just one example.

Another, screaming kids or rain on the way into a mall. Grab a spot and run in. Might be easy to forget exactly where you parked.

Final example, some of us are getting older and it's just one more thing to make life easier than having to worry about remembering where you parked.

Here's a more obscure example: need to send someone out to your car to grab something for you. You could find your car, show the person where it is and auto unlock the door with the IC app.

Lots of good reasons to have it available.

Just a nice thing to have.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I agree but in unfamiliar territory or if you are in a hurry this could be VERY useful.

Classic example: running late to catch a flight. Hop into the airport's long term parking and jump out to get through security and check-in.

I usually take a pic on my phone so I know where I parked as I usually won't remember after a week long trip.

Just one example.

Another, screaming kids or rain on the way into a mall. Grab a spot and run in. Might be easy to forget exactly where you parked.

Final example, some of us are getting older and it's just one more thing to make life easier than having to worry about remembering where you parked.

Here's a more obscure example: need to send someone out to your car to grab something for you. You could find your car, show the person where it is and auto unlock the door with the IC app.

Lots of good reasons to have it available.

Just a nice thing to have.
Excellent real-life examples. The airport thing happened to me 2 wks ago at DFW. I spent 45 mins searching the terminal for my car because I forgot which level I parked on (my fault I know). If you've never parked at DFW express terminals then you have no clue how helpful a locator app would be. They could easily implement this with already-available tech. The Valet Zone feature on the IC app already monitors the car's exact location when activated; Infiniti could simply plot the car's position on a map within the IC app using the same real-time data feed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if your Infiniti Personal Assistant could track down your car and tell you roughly where in the parking lot it is located. Let me know if anyone tries that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.