Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I think you are right. It's one of those brain farts I had last weekend.
There is nothing wrong when being suspicious, I'm still getting some noise from my suspension, even though the dealership told me that all is well, I think that it may be the wheel bearing on my driver's side.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
There is nothing wrong when being suspicious, I'm still getting some noise from my suspension, even though the dealership told me that all is well, I think that it may be the wheel bearing on my driver's side.
Maybe I've been too paranoid of my RC tires doing just that before I switched to steel belted ones.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I've seen people tie fishing wire around the outsides of the tires. Seems to work. I don't care, personally. Part of the thrill
I used duct tape (on the inside) before and it seems to work fine but the tires get a little heavy. Maybe those fishing wires would work better especially on grooved ones, haven't tried them. On the plus side, the ballooning of tires actually changes the effective gear ratio.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Just a quick update after driving ~250 miles on the tires. It's not a lot of miles but I've put it through its paces. Below is a comparison vs Falken Azenis FK510.

Wet traction/heavy downpour - FK510
Cornering - FK510
Launching - Indy 500
Straight line stability - Indy 500
Tramlining - Indy 500 (just a tad better)
Noise - tie (both are quiet)
Softer ride - Indy 500
Firmer ride - FK510
Top speed run - tie (no observable issues)

Winner: PS4S! ;)

Weather looks good this week so I should be able to do 0-60 on the Indy 500 (FK510 is terrible when launching from a dig). Can't compare tread wear yet but the FK510 seems to wear out quicker than PS4S despite having the same UTQG rating.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Good to know, I'm AWD they hold their ground, they stick. So are you like Boost that carries his drag wheels in his back seat.:D^

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
yeah RWD life. I wouldn't bother with sticky rubber if I had an AWD. But RWD is more fun to me. Thankfully, I never had to bring extra set of tires/wheels, not shooting for any record-breaking numbers.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I tried to import an RWD from the States, too much hassle, they only sell AWD in Canada.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finally got wheels done and tires on. So far they feel the same as my skyline, just different chassis etc. Once it rains will do more grip testing etc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01QD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finally got wheels done and tires on. So far they feel the same as my skyline, just different chassis etc. Once it rains will do more grip testing etc.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01QD using Tapatalk
Nice, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a different color wheels, I'm sure Avadis53 will have something to say.;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a different color wheels, I'm sure Avadis53 will have something to say.;)
Yeah I wanted to match my wife's wedding ring, so the rose gold option is what I chose. Not 100% match to the color I had shown him, but where im at I felt lucky to even find someone who could do a quality job.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,088 Posts
I'd take white/rose gold combo over graphite shadow/blue.

Reactions: Dolsiac and q50adix

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Yeah I wanted to match my wife's wedding ring, so the rose gold option is what I chose. Not 100% match to the color I had shown him, but where im at I felt lucky to even find someone who could do a quality job.
Young love...seems like it was just yesterday....

41 - 60 of 61 Posts