Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, as most divorced guys know the Christmas is not what it used to be. This was mine: Yesterday I had some fun and beers with my co-workers/friends and then I went to sleep. Today I woke up, exchanged present with my son and then I went to my garage. Yes and there she was. Waiting for me to just jump in and to push a G-button.... sorry in this case Q-button. Since we got together about a month a half ago and I signed the papers, situation changed a little. But I was married for 16 years before so I knew this was coming. Since then she failed to perform as promissed, (I'touch, gas milege and few other things) but over all she is a good looking and a keeper.( At least for few years). When we go for a trip she never fails to do what I expect from her. Push the pedal all the way and she is a beast I wanted. I've even got a wheel spin when I was going 50 m/h and I stepped on it. Yes, the road was a little wet after a little rain but it surprised me anyway. If not speeding I just sit down in comfy seats, relax and watch inside the beauty of colors and options you can choose. The difference of the look inside made my decission to go with her instead of CLA250, Hunday, Accord or other good looking cars.
So I decided to give her some good treatment at the Christmas day too. I did some clay work, it is a young body, she didn't need much but there were some rough spots from last scratch repair and I knew it was needed. Then some good wax, who knows how her last boyfriend (detail technition) was treating her. Now she sits in my garage waiting for me to get some fiber towel and finish the massaging. Guys, life is good if you want to make it good. Signed off.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I went skiing with my kids today. Even got the Q to slide a little on the one snowy curve between the house and the hill. We need more snow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I went over to my sister's house for Christmas dinner and everyone asked me "why did I get an old person's car" LOL

I wasn't offended or anything. But I can't wait to see how the 2015 Q60 Coupe looks like.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went over to my sister's house for Christmas dinner and everyone asked me "why did I get an old person's car" LOL

I wasn't offended or anything. But I can't wait to see how the 2015 Q60 Coupe looks like.
Hahaha. It happened to me on Monday. (I had BMW before this one). But I've bought Q because of the beautiful interior and technology they promissed. LOL. But we will get there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have to admit, it was tough resisting the temptation to go with a BMW, because it's been pounded into the consumer's head that unless you're driving a Mercedes or BMW you suck. But, after seeing a BMW in everyone's driveway I can't help but feel special, especially the look on a driver's face when you blow the ****** doors off an 'ultimate driving machine' 3 series!! Won't be long before the consumer perception changes!

·
Registered
396 Posts
My Christmas.... I didn't need to go anywhere for anything yesterday, but I still did. Took a LONG route to ... a starbucks which is far from the one I usually go in the morning. :) Just to enjoy the ride and enjoy the beauty! (Too bad the sun wasn't out. Was hopging to see the purple on Christmas day.... :( ) Still trying to get used to the brake.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Had my Q in the covers as we had a party (friends & family) and a hot weather spell in 80s in so. Calif but great X-Mas day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Christmas was great - I was down in San Diego with my Q visiting family. Unfortunately what happened the day after Christmas when I returned home really sucked.

I was on my way to see the new Wolf of Wallstreet movie, sitting at a red light, minding my own business, when out of nowhere this jerk in a beat up old pickup truck plows right into the back of my poor Q50S. The bumper is all torn up, there is a dent in the trunk and on top of that the exhaust pipes have sustains damage as well.
It really ruined my day and the end of my year.

The guy had no form of ID, other than an EBT card. God knows if his insurance will cover any of this. Fortunately I have great coverage so worst case I eat the $500 deduct. I just hope my auto body guys can get the necessary parts to return it to dealership spec quality... :(

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
If he didn't have a driver's license, please tell us he was arrested!:mad: As far as insurance is concerned, it's another example of why I love no-fault states. You don't have to worry about the other guy's insurance - your insurance pays, and they go after the other insurance company for compensation. Are you sure the other guy even HAS insurance? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, given the set of circumstances you described.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If he didn't have a driver's license, please tell us he was arrested!:mad: As far as insurance is concerned, it's another example of why I love no-fault states. You don't have to worry about the other guy's insurance - your insurance pays, and they go after the other insurance company for compensation. Are you sure the other guy even HAS insurance? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, given the set of circumstances you described.
I called the cops and they told me they would come to the scene. They didn't show up until 45 mins later and he had already left - he didn't want to stick around. When they arrived they didn't even look at the car or take a report. They just told me to give them his first and last name. I was upset with them.

As far as the guy is concerned - I got his insurance information and contacted his insurance company - sounds like his dad was the one on the policy. I already took my Q into the body shop and my insurance is taking care of it. So as you said - my insurance will go after his, if he even has any. It's just aggravating - since I don't know if they'll be able to fix it back to factory spec. And of course now that the vehicle has been in an accident, its value is automatically depreciated which isn't something that can be recovered, no matter how good of a repair job they do.

Careless people really annoy me... Sigh :(

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
**** that's terrible...i rear ended someone in my G a couple summers ago. car was only 1 month old at the time. Had to get the whole front bumper and left fender replaced. Hope the can fix her up quick for you!
Thanks for the support! I really hope so too. I should be hearing from the shop on Monday as to the estimated damages and how long it will take to fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts

HAHA. Same thing goes for me. My family was wondering if the top comes off this one and I said no. They just frowned at me and went inside. :rolleyes:

But just wait when I take them for a drive. I will be hitting that sport quick!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.