Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As referenced in another thread(s) already. There is a new service bulletin that went live today (12/26). This is the probably not THE update but it is a start.

I just read the entire procedure for this update. A few things I find interesting.

The only complaint this is written to address is "Low power assist from DAS". Absolutely nothing is mentioned about the cold weather related concerns. This does not reference any low battery SOC issues we have all read about here. There is no checking of the charging system or battery (other than the standard monitoring of battery drain during the programming procedure)

The bulletin does in fact require reprogramming of each individual (three total) modules separately, followed by calibration of the system, zero-setting one critical sensor, then verifying the repair. Total pay is over 2 hours... so that tells me it is going to take a while. (I would strongly suggest a loaner for this one)

If the an error occurs during programming of any module it is possible to "brick" it. Requiring module replacement, which will add some time to the repair, but is not the end of the world.

What I see in this bulletin as a technician, is a ton of work has been performed on this bulletin and a lot of caution is required to deploy this update. If I were an owner I would be a bit patient with these updates, everyone on the back end is quickly learning support and diagnostics for these systems.

If you have had an issue where fault codes were stored I would suggest getting in touch with your dealer contact and asking them if your fault codes apply to this new bulletin, but do not be discouraged if they say it does not. Please bear in mind that this TSB (NOT RECALL) came out this morning and most people may not know about it just yet.

We can only install software that is superseded by a newer number, so again I urge patience. From this we can see they are working on fixing the bugs in the system and once they know they have it right there will be a larger procedure rolled out.

I would like to get some experience with this procedure and system. If you are in my neck of the woods and have experienced low power steering assist feel free to PM me.

Reactions: druhoops

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks for the update. Is this first DAS software update only apply to people who have DAS issue? I have no issue with DAS on my car. If there is improvement on the DAS, I might consider updating it.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks for the update. Is this first DAS software update only apply to people who have DAS issue? I have no issue with DAS on my car. If there is improvement on the DAS, I might consider updating it.
+1 on this

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the ITB number? Thanks
Don't know if I can post that...still checking... kinda got in some hot water last time I did that....

Suffice to say if they have the most current version of ASSIST they will have it there. It was also mentioned in a Nissan Tech Alert email this morning.

As of now yes. The faults that are listed are very specific, and there are specific control unit ID numbers that are updated.

As far as I know there is no way for the end user to determine if you have one of the ID numbers that has been updated.

It seems like for the moment this will be a case by case update to address a specific concern. As the topic continues to develop, and owners get updated, I am sure we will have more information here but right now there is not a whole lot in writing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.