Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
why just 3.5/5 for comfort?
Yea, does not seem right. If we were to say 4.0 on comfort, then the overall score goes to 4.25. But I would rate comfort at 4.5 considering the steering by wire does isolate road noise/feel and should add to the comfort level.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
395 Posts
They tested the sport model, I assume they found it a little firm.
Yea, I Q test drove 19 and 17 inch wheels. The 17 inch wheel tire pressure was close to 39 PSI and the 19s were 34 PSI. I could still tell the difference. The 19s were still firmer. But unlike my 2003 G35, none of the extraneous vibration from road bumps came through the steering wheel.

My G35 with 17 inch wheels at 35 PSI seems to ride stiffer than a Q with 19 inchers. May be that is a poor choice of words. May be not stiffer - less comfortable. I think the Q's damping of road noise through the steering wheel gives me that impression. I see it as a huge plus.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The lithium-ion battery eats into trunk space, shrinking it from 382 L to 266, and you lose the split-folding rear seat, although there is a ski pass-through.

Is that true for Canadian cars, or is he wrong? If it's true, I'm going up there to get mine.:D

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The lithium-ion battery eats into trunk space, shrinking it from 382 L to 266, and you lose the split-folding rear seat, although there is a ski pass-through.

Is that true for Canadian cars, or is he wrong? If it's true, I'm going up there to get mine.:D
No, the Canadian models have a snowmobile passthrough instead. :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just drill a hole through the 400 DC Volt battery while standing in a puddle. There are instructions in the Infiniti First Responders Guide :eek:

Seriously though, a ski pass through on the hybrid would be awesome. I play ice hockey and am bummed there is not pass through in the hybrid. Carrying sticks in the cabin is going to mar the interior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.