Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the invidia system with ams ldp's installed yesterday and couldn't be happier. Before I get into the sound / quality let me just say the install was a complete nightmare and cost much more than expected. Every bolt had to be heated and even then the bolts and flanges were so rusted that the bolt heads literally seemed to be crumbling . Im still not sure why the exhaust was so rusted because its a 17 with only 27k miles in really good shape. The only thing I can guess contributed to the exhaust rust is the car coming from the shore....
Quality - I've never had an invidia product before and was surprised at how nice the flanges and welds are. The exhaust piping it's self is also nicely polished and seems to be a heavier gauge, imo on par with greddy , borla, corsa, etc. The ams ldp's are really nice quality with great welds as expected for the price. I opted for the burnt titanium single wall tips which are meh

Fit - the invidia system fits great with the exception of not clearing the center tunnel brace. I guess this can also be attributed to either some play in the exhaust hangers or the 3" ldp's. The ams ldp's fit perfectly, again as expected. Also I have awd

Sound - I'm actually shocked I achieved exactly what I wanted as far as how the car sounds. It's louder than stock but by no means obnoxious and very deep. I did 260 miles today of mostly highway cruising and am very happy to report no drone at all between 2 -2300rpm at cruising speeds. Below 2k they really don't drone but you do hear the exhaust growl slightly in the car which is fine . When you get on throttle they keep the deep tone with no rasp . . All in all I would recommend this set up to anyone who wants a deep sounding exhaust with virtually no drone that isn't obnoxious . Dare I say it reminds of the 350 / g35 tone only amplified a bit . . . Oh and also you can hear the turbos spool under throttle

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nice!!! I think thats the same exhaust/LDP combo I might go for as well! Can you post up sound clips of revving and drive bys?

And yes, shore, seawater, salt, corrosion, rust

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,792 Posts
Thanks for the review. Enjoy!

I think the Invidia Gemini is an amazing deal (used to be even better, price has risen a little). If I could do it all over, I'd go Gemini CB and the best bang for the buck Megan Racing LDPs. I don't see the point in paying AMS money nor do I like the idea of having only one piece in the system at 3", and having to use an adaptor to take it back down to 2.5". Just my opinion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your looking for something that's deep and not super loud with virtually no drone you will be happy
Nice!!! I think thats the same exhaust/LDP combo I might go for as well! Can you post up sound clips of revving and drive bys?

And yes, shore, seawater, salt, corrosion, rust

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed 100%. I don't like the harsh transition from 3" to 2 1/2" plus I think the down pipes made my exhaust sit lower resulting in the middle brace issues. I really wanted the fast intentions ldp's but didn't want to wait. I also was about to just get the Megan's but a shop kinda talked me out of them due to not having the mounting tab and the weld quality

Thanks for the review. Enjoy!

I think the Invidia Gemini is an amazing deal (used to be even better, price has risen a little). If I could do it all over, I'd go Gemini CB and the best bang for the buck Megan Racing LDPs. I don't see the point in paying AMS money nor do I like the idea of having only one piece in the system at 3", and having to use an adaptor to take it back down to 2.5". Just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
If it makes you feel better, almost any AM exhaust will hit the exhaust tunnel brace. I don't think it was your AMS LDPs alone, it was likely the increased diameter of the Gemini over stock.

Reactions: 4DR GTR

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Metallic Dynamic Sunstone Red
99 Posts
Thanks for the great review and pics. Available here in Canada for $1545.00 includes shipping. Very tempting bolted onto Z1 catted downpipes.

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
^ why does Wheels seem to be more present than his 93 post count would imply? Wheels, do you go back and delete your older posts? 🤣

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Metallic Dynamic Sunstone Red
99 Posts
^ why does Wheels seem to be more present than his 93 post count would imply? Wheels, do you go back and delete your older posts? 🤣
No, I can't believe I have 93. I'm just a lurker fanboy cheering on everyone with all the disposable income I don't really have...;)

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q50S
96 Posts
Nice! Ordered mine last month. It should be here by January. I haven't taken a look underneath, but here's hoping that my bolts and flanges don't look like that!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice! Ordered mine last month. It should be here by January. I haven't taken a look underneath, but here's hoping that my bolts and flanges don't look like that!
Before the install spray all hardware with PB Blaster or the like.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope not also. . . Either way if your not installing lowers I wouldn't worry about it to much

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The Gemeni series has been a good sounding exhaust.

Not just for the q50, but for 2015+ Subaru wrx.

Similar to what Corsa or GT-Haus have done across platforms. These two being the best sounding exhausts in my not so humble opinion.

Reactions: n1ck!

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti Q50S
96 Posts
I'm looking forward to it for sure. I'll post pics and (possibly) a video once the install is complete.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, wasn't expecting the turbo's spooling to be so much more audible with the exhaust set-up. I'm running stock ss boost levels and under throttle it sounds like a shuttle from in cabin, pretty cool

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got the invidia system with ams ldp's installed yesterday and couldn't be happier. Before I get into the sound / quality let me just say the install was a complete nightmare and cost much more than expected. Every bolt had to be heated and even then the bolts and flanges were so rusted that the bolt heads literally seemed to be crumbling . Im still not sure why the exhaust was so rusted because its a 17 with only 27k miles in really good shape. The only thing I can guess contributed to the exhaust rust is the car coming from the shore....
Quality - I've never had an invidia product before and was surprised at how nice the flanges and welds are. The exhaust piping it's self is also nicely polished and seems to be a heavier gauge, imo on par with greddy , borla, corsa, etc. The ams ldp's are really nice quality with great welds as expected for the price. I opted for the burnt titanium single wall tips which are meh

Fit - the invidia system fits great with the exception of not clearing the center tunnel brace. I guess this can also be attributed to either some play in the exhaust hangers or the 3" ldp's. The ams ldp's fit perfectly, again as expected. Also I have awd

Sound - I'm actually shocked I achieved exactly what I wanted as far as how the car sounds. It's louder than stock but by no means obnoxious and very deep. I did 260 miles today of mostly highway cruising and am very happy to report no drone at all between 2 -2300rpm at cruising speeds. Below 2k they really don't drone but you do hear the exhaust growl slightly in the car which is fine . When you get on throttle they keep the deep tone with no rasp . . All in all I would recommend this set up to anyone who wants a deep sounding exhaust with virtually no drone that isn't obnoxious . Dare I say it reminds of the 350 / g35 tone only amplified a bit . . . Oh and also you can hear the turbos spool under throttle View attachment 97107 View attachment 97108
Thank you for posting your review! I am looking someone with this exact setup that I want. I want a quieter exhaust. I have an alpha lower downpipe and mbrp catback exhaust. It's too loud for me. Reason I bought mbrp exhaust was the price. I bought it for $265 free shipping. Customer return, only missing exhaust gasket which only cost me $12 lol. Kudos to you. Thank you. I am buying invidia catback exhaust.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for posting your review! I am looking someone with this exact setup that I want. I want a quieter exhaust. I have an alpha lower downpipe and mbrp catback exhaust. It's too loud for me. Reason I bought mbrp exhaust was the price. I bought it for $265 free shipping. Customer return, only missing exhaust gasket which only cost me $12 lol. Kudos to you. Thank you. I am buying invidia catback exhaust.
Wow thats a great deal on that mbrp, I'm sure you can sell it and make a few bucks... I think you will be happy with the invidia, just has a really nice deep tone that's noticeable without being obnoxious or annoying

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
If I could do it all over again, MR LDPs and Invidia Gemini CB, done. Best bang for the buck.

Reactions: u1arunit
1 - 20 of 24 Posts