Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD. Black on Black on Black
118 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
Rochester, NY
130 Posts
Is there anything you miss about the WRX? Was it a manual tranny?

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
762 Posts
Hopefully the Redsport will make you forget about the WRX! No need to add a cobb tuner to this platorm after adding simple boltons, add LDP's and a Catback and you will notice the difference, scratch the intake idea if you were contemplating it, start in the back and make your way forward, adding a heat exchanger after widening your pipes will definitely help for hot areas and avoiding heat soak if you like to do back to back runs. Beautiful car, enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Very nice! Gorgeous car. Let’s get modding 🥳

Reactions: RaceCar

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,159 Posts
Welcome! Some get a bit more out of the car with a JB4. To get the most out of it, you want a custom professional tune. Good advice on the bolt on mods from Phagan above.
Is there anything you miss about the WRX? Was it a manual tranny?
I never had a Suburu, but I miss manual transmissions!

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,661 Posts
Welcome! Some get a bit more out of the car with a JB4. To get the most out of it, you want a custom professional tune. Good advice on the bolt on mods from Phagan above.

I never had a Suburu, but I miss manual transmissions!
The amount of money I had to put into my son's Legacy GT, replacing the turbo and engine that went ****-up, has soured my opinion of Subaru. Didn't seem to faze my son though as he bought a 2019 WRX and then turned around again and traded it in for a 2021 STI. I give him sh1t about the ludicrous wing on the trunk every time I see him.

• Haha
Reactions: Kraken and Wheels43

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
452 Posts
As a daily,,the wrx is just ridiculously uncivilized compared to any Q50,,and they're not that fast!,,Lotta noise,,bumpy, kiddie cars,,to each his own I guess,,

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
As a daily,,the wrx is just ridiculously uncivilized compared to any Q50,,and they're not that fast!,,Lotta noise,,bumpy, kiddie cars,,to each his own I guess,,
they are not that fast out of the box.

good amount of room inside.

lots of aftermarket support.

quick and handle great if you know what you are modding.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake custom axel-back 3inch resonated exhaust
452 Posts
I will never forget the wrx sti traded in by a young man,,a noisy maze of red tubing,couplers,bov,piping,,all jammed Frankenstein style under this young fiends hood,,Volkswagen beetle sounding snarl of tubing,,piping,,different size hoses everywhere underhood,,I had to drive it,,it did get velocity,,but too many hard Tokyo drifts,,& being an extra for fast and furious films made the wheels seem like they were pointing in different ways,,and the feeling was the car any second would outplode into a slow expanding schematic,,with parts flying away from each other as the driver was also dissambled in the process,,,LOL,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts