Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, don't be so quick to judge, my friend. This forum is littered with some amazing photos of the Graphite Shadow.

I'd say, don't have any expectations for any of the exteriors colors unless you physically see these cars up close and person for yourself in natural light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here's another article from TTAC with coverage about the Q50's production plant

Yoko Kubota of Reuters had already written half of her story before we boarded a bus this Tokyo morning. It took us north to Nissan’s Tochigi plant, where we were promised to see the new Infiniti Q50 roll off the assembly lines. Kubota wrote that “in the financial year ended March, Infiniti sold 172,615 vehicles globally, up 12.1 percent year-on-year,” that the brand needs to grow, that the backbone of Infiniti’s volume has been the G37 Sedan, and that its successor, “with a new name Q50, will go on sale in the United States in the summer.” Today, we see how the Q50 is made.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Another good article with stupid replies. The world looks like a YouTube comment thread these days. Nobody seems to know the styling and lines for the Q came directly from the Essence concept because Lexus was first to market with their predator grille. Hyundai is a copy and paste from anyone shop and that also dilutes unique design for companies that actually have design teams.

>>Edit: Now that I think about it, the perception of Infiniti copying is Infiniti's fault. They need a marketing campaign that shows the Essence (with a big year number over it) morphing into the Q50, showing "look, we made it into a sedan 5 years later". Then show all the details of the Q50 like the unique headlights and matching tails, tech package, interior quality, etc. It's up to Infiniti's marketing team to educate the internet experts that troll Mopar forums all day. ;) When this thing drops I expect to see commercials running on all major networks showing Vettel as a valet guy, wringing it out at the track then some rich white couple pulling the same car into their driveway after dodging a snowball rolling down a mountain. :D

At any rate I know the Q will be a big success in the US and hopefully globally.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Another good article with stupid replies. The world looks like a YouTube comment thread these days. Nobody seems to know the styling and lines for the Q came directly from the Essence concept because Lexus was first to market with their predator grille. Hyundai is a copy and paste from anyone shop and that also dilutes unique design for companies that actually have design teams.

>>Edit: Now that I think about it, the perception of Infiniti copying is Infiniti's fault. They need a marketing campaign that shows the Essence (with a big year number over it) morphing into the Q50, showing "look, we made it into a sedan 5 years later". Then show all the details of the Q50 like the unique headlights and matching tails, tech package, interior quality, etc. It's up to Infiniti's marketing team to educate the internet experts that troll Mopar forums all day. ;) When this thing drops I expect to see commercials running on all major networks showing Vettel as a valet guy, wringing it out at the track then some rich white couple pulling the same car into their driveway after dodging a snowball rolling down a mountain. :D

At any rate I know the Q will be a big success in the US and hopefully globally.
Uggh...urks me to know end. However, you are right. It is Infiniti's own fault for poor marketing. In my heart, I'm satisfied with Infiniti's unique design...it so obvious that Korean car company is such a biter.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Never before have I been so excited about a new car. :D

Nice! Didnt notice that but kinda figured since it would be redundant for the those to be another set of running lights and would actually be ugly to put the turn signals on the headlights! So i guess the orange part of the headlights are the sidemarkers then!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Uggh...urks me to know end. However, you are right. It is Infiniti's own fault for poor marketing .
What's so poor about it?

I don't think the average car buyer/reader is gonna care too much about who did what design first...The average car buyer is gonna make their own snap judgements on car designs ultimately. I really don't know what else they can do about changing that around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.