Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,256 Posts
Ok thanks again for all the help. Now to figure out which brand of tire lol... any recommendations?
I'm still on the OEM run flats. Again, big topic on here.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
I think I just made all of this moot. Found a set that I actually love and tire rack is saying they will fit. So I feel like a dumb ass wasting your time lol. With that being said however, do I need to order these TPMS kits and or the tool?
IIRC, the 2014 Q uses 315 MHz TPMS sensors while newer models use 433 MHz. I don't recall when the switch was made though.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
IIRC, the 2014 Q uses 315 MHz TPMS sensors while newer models use 433 MHz. I don't recall when the switch was made though.
I think 2016 was the last year for the 315 and 2017 was the first year for 433.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Premium AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ya it uses the 315. Or at least that's what TireRack put as a suggested option in my cart with my rims. I just didn't know if I had to buy them or not. After some searching I've gotten a lot of mixed answers. A lot of people saying you can use the ones from the old tires. To be honest I've never changed rims on a car built in the last 25 years lol.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Ya it uses the 315. Or at least that's what TireRack put as a suggested option in my cart with my rims. I just didn't know if I had to buy them or not. After some searching I've gotten a lot of mixed answers. A lot of people saying you can use the ones from the old tires. To be honest I've never changed rims on a car built in the last 25 years lol.
Do keep in mind that the batteries in TPMS sensors for older sensors like yours have a typical lifespan of 5-6 years and the lifespan is influenced by the number of miles driven. TPMS sensors only transmit when the vehicle is in motion so the more miles driven, the sooner the batteries will die.

If I were you, I'd buy new TPMS sensors. You don't want to put new tires on with old sensors and then turn around in a year or so and have to unmount your tires to replace them.

·
Registered
2014 Q50 Premium AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Do keep in mind that the batteries in TPMS sensors for older sensors like yours have a typical lifespan of 5-6 years and the lifespan is influenced by the number of miles driven. TPMS sensors only transmit when the vehicle is in motion so the more miles driven, the sooner the batteries will die.

If I were you, I'd buy new TPMS sensors. You don't want to put new tires on with old sensors and then turn around in a year or so and have to unmount your tires to replace them.
Ok thanks that makes a lot of sense then.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
My sensors from Tire Rack were $28 each. Like Avedis said, the original sensors will probably need a rebuild kit with batteries if you're gonna reuse them. If you are buying wheels with tires mounted from Tire Rack, I'd just get new sensors installed by them and be ready to bolt them on when they arrive.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts