Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Window tints for sure, I don't know what percent tint to go with as it will depend on my interior color choice. Sometime in the future I'll want to install bigger aftermarket wheels on it, Infiniti Q50 factory wheels don't look that good IMO

What is opti-coat?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Open the door so I can start tondrive it home! :p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Cuddle with it and sleep in the back seat, hopefully there will be WiFi :D
You better take her out and treat her first! Im not sure if the Q50 cuddles on the first date! :D

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
First thing I will be doing is put the key in the ignition...

Lol of course i'll be going for a nice drive to test out all the functions and enjoy the comfort of a brand new Q50. Maybe even go surprise my girlfriend at her work.

Mostly just leave everything as it is for upgrades. tints would be a good start though if I was to do anything. What tint percentage would you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'll take it home and clay bar it right away, then schedule to get Huper Optik 30% tint all the way around. Huper Optik is awesome tint. It's nanoceramic, with nanoparticles of ceramic suspended in the tint that capture infrared radiation. I kid you not, if you block the windshield and have all other windows tinted with this stuff, the car is 20-30 degrees cooler after baking in the sun all day vs. an untinted car. Plus, since it's not metallic, radar and other signals pass through it easily. ;) They also produce a clear option that (depending on the state) can be installed on the front windshield as well.

Do some googling if you're curious and live in a hot place like Texas or Arizona. This tint is worth the money and only a few shops install it. It's not easy to work with because it's 2 or 3x thicker than normal tint. Pro Tint in Plano does it in my neck of the woods, and they did a flawless job on my current G35.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hahaha great minds think alike! I will be sleeping in the back seat and if there is a treat someone will be joining me. Good way to break in the seats.

Is there wifi in the Q50?
There will be in my car!!!!! Let me add, i will stack champagne glasses in a pyramid shape on the hood and poor the best french champagne i can find and relish the fact, I love this car :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
First thing I will be doing is put the key in the ignition...

Lol of course i'll be going for a nice drive to test out all the functions and enjoy the comfort of a brand new Q50. Maybe even go surprise my girlfriend at her work.

Mostly just leave everything as it is for upgrades. tints would be a good start though if I was to do anything. What tint percentage would you guys recommend?
No keys, push to start ;)

But definitely getting this baby tinted. Then show off to some friends ...cruise around the beach and see how many heads I turn...I live in Sarasota by Siesta Key beach (only the #1 beach in America;)) if a girls lucky shell get invited in...then maybe the Q50 will persuade her to invite ME in ...if you catch my drift ;) lol all jokes aside I cannot wait to be behind this masterpiece.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Huper is expensive stuff. Apparently its just made by another brand of tints that is more common.

I've also heard good things about pinnacle F1.
Actually Huper Optik pioneered the stuff and others copied their process. Doesn't matter though, ceramic cuts down heat and stands up well to UV and abrasion, regardless of who the manufacturer is.

Just living with the tint for the past 6 summers in Texas convinces me. You can have the windows up at 3pm in the summer, then crack a window and it feels like where the light hits you there's a laser on your arm. Roll it back up and your arm is cool again. It's very effective at blocking "hot" light.

My buddy has an M3 and went with the Pinnacle F1. I haven't had a chance to compare it but he likes it.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I agree. Any ceramic is better than most.

I've done a bunch of reading and Huper and Pinnacle are both excellently reviewed tint brands. I've seen both in person and they look like a very nice tint from the outside.
I think the main problems people have with Huper is that it's expensive and not dark enough. They may offer darker than 35% now but a few years ago that's as dark as they could go. Of course some states have strict limits also. I like to go 35 front 20 rear when possible, just looks better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.