Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got caught in the first snow of the season today. I had a coin drop collection for a Veteran's Out Reach not for profit organization today. 32-35 today in Londonderry VT.

The Q did well. (Excuse the sideways pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Glad to hear the Q did well in the snow, unfortunately the Q could not fix the owners picture taking ability. :p

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
18 inch wheels and snow tires?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
This was start of October for me. 16" of Snow within 48 hours. :(

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear the Q did well in the snow, unfortunately the Q could not fix the owners picture taking ability. :p
They were correct on my phone and laptop.. no clue why they uploaded sideways :|

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,300 Posts
What's that white stuff on everything? I've never seen that.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,300 Posts
I try to stay below the 45th parallel, thank you very much!

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,361 Posts
I try to stay below the 45th parallel, thank you very much!
Yes, because when the snow shows up in the PNW, especially in the Seattle & Portland metro areas, chaos ensues because we don't use rock salt on the roads. Great for cars & the salmon, but not so good if you find yourself on a hill w/o snow & ice tires AND experience:

This one's a classic (turn up the sound):

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,300 Posts
Actually, ODOT started using road salt in addition to the magnesium chloride sprays over a year ago in Portland. It's only in specific, hilly areas as Portland doesn't have the storage capacity or spreading trucks to handle much road salt. ODOT approved the use of rock salt in southwestern Oregon by the CA border and in far southeastern Oregon as part of a pilot program to review rock salt as a deicer and expanding its use in Oregon.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Keep the cold and the snow there, do not send it south as we have no love for this Canadian export.
Too late already sent your way, muwahahaha. Nah it actually all melted 2 days later, our temperatures bounce from -30 to +10 over the course of a day
pretty frequently so we are all over the board for driving conditions.

What's that white stuff on everything? I've never seen that.
Some magical substance that causes everyone in my city to forget how to drive.

Yes, because when the snow shows up in the PNW, especially in the Seattle & Portland metro areas, chaos ensues because we don't use rock salt on the roads. Great for cars & the salmon, but not so good if you find yourself on a hill w/o snow & ice tires AND experience:

This one's a classic (turn up the sound):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaksWCnHaDM
Yeah our city only uses rock-salt on major roadways so intersections can get pretty sketchy, when I had my accident last year over 300 cars had crashed within 45 minutes
on that highway.... So yeah was a **** show, thankfully I caught the tail end of it so was able to limp my car home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts