Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
This is a common problem with the Q50.

Reactions: Alany

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Driver side Blend door actuator part number 22732-4GF0A
Superseded by 22732-4GF0B. Third version. Supersessions happen for a number of reasons. Sometimes just a change in suppliers, sometimes because the original is crap and had minor design change. My 22732-4GF0B will be in my hands Tuesday. Hopefully it won't have the same failure rate but to be fair my car is first year production and will be seven years old in November..

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a pretty easy swap if anyone is contemplating it. I ordered the part online, followed the directions on the TSB and had it swapped in under an hour. Same temp cold air on both sides now.
Question guys can someone tell me where is the passenger side door actuator AC is located I found the driver side but is there actually a passenger side one

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
Looking from the passenger side, #18.

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Line art Automotive super charger part

Exploded view - #9
Auto part Automotive engine part Transmission part Diagram Transfer case part

·
Registered
4 Posts
I swapped my belnd door actuator out on the driver side this morning and I'm having some issues. I couldn't get the arm notch to line up with the blend door arm. Looking at the old part it looked like the orientation was backwards. So i pried off the little white piece that goes into the arm and reversed it. Now it fits, but the AC control are wonky. At first it was blowing hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side. When I turn the temp up to 90 it blows cold now. So at least I have AC working, but I didn't realize that there were two blend door actuators and I wonder if I changed a good part out. Did anyone else run into the issue of the new part not fitting? I'm wondering if I got the wrong side or something.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
I swapped my belnd door actuator out on the driver side this morning and I'm having some issues. I couldn't get the arm notch to line up with the blend door arm. Looking at the old part it looked like the orientation was backwards. So i pried off the little white piece that goes into the arm and reversed it. Now it fits, but the AC control are wonky. At first it was blowing hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side. When I turn the temp up to 90 it blows cold now. So at least I have AC working, but I didn't realize that there were two blend door actuators and I wonder if I changed a good part out. Did anyone else run into the issue of the new part not fitting? I'm wondering if I got the wrong side or something.
What's the part number on the actuator you installed? Could be the passenger side blend actuator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's the part number on the actuator you installed? Could be the passenger side blend actuator.
I installed part #27732-4GA0B. I had to pry off the little white tab and reverse it to get it to fit. From what I'm seeing, this is indeed the driver side actuator. I thought maybe I could change the vent level to adjust the actuator arm to get it lined up, but that didn't seem to do anything. With the little white part swapped around, everything seemed to line up. Do you know if the blend door arm should be facing up? I thought maybe I didn't pay close enough attention when I was disassembling it and I installed the arm upside down, but it doesnt seem like it could fit the other way.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I installed part #27732-4GA0B. I had to pry off the little white tab and reverse it to get it to fit. From what I'm seeing, this is indeed the driver side actuator. I thought maybe I could change the vent level to adjust the actuator arm to get it lined up, but that didn't seem to do anything. With the little white part swapped around, everything seemed to line up. Do you know if the blend door arm should be facing up? I thought maybe I didn't pay close enough attention when I was disassembling it and I installed the arm upside down, but it doesnt seem like it could fit the other way.
That part number is old stock. It's been awhile but if remember correctly there is another piece that goes with that one. The arm you speak of? Not certain.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
When you refer to the little white tab, is that #3 or #4 in the diagram below?

Font Parallel Drawing Line art Auto part

I don't understand if you have the correct part for the driver's side air mix door actuator assembly, why you would have to reverse anything.

One thing to note when installing the air mix door motor to the air mix door, the A/C temperature must be set at 64 degrees, or the angle may be out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't know about the 64 degree thing, that could be the issue. The little white piece I was referring to was part of the blend door actuator (#2), the part im not seeing is part #4. I think the two arms fit together. Im gonna try to 64' degree thing. that might be the issue. That's why nothing is lining up and maybe the other arm is swept back where I cant see it. thanks for all the help guys.

Ok setting the temp to 64 degrees allowed me to see the arm and that's lined up now. But it's still blowing in reverse. Can someone upload a picture of their driver side blend door. I think I might have it clocked wrong, but that seems to be the only way I can get it to fit. IS there a relearn procedure or something for the blend doors? Should I try unplugging the battery. In the past I have had issues with scanners communicating with the vehicle. I think I have a separate can bus issue I need to dig into. Anyway, here is a pic of the actuator on the driver side as it is installed now. I know it's hard to tell from the pic but the wire connector is on the top side closest to the engine firewall. Is that correct or do i have it clocked wrong? The actuator has four holes, one used for a locator pin and two screws. So I might have it clocked wrong.

Thank You
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Automotive design

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,100 Posts
Your orientation looks correct to me.

Vertebrate Organism Mammal Gesture Font

There are no configuration or re-learn procedures that I'm aware of. If you put the air mix door link (#3) on the way it originally came with the actuator, I don't know why things are reversed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your orientation looks correct to me.

View attachment 109358
There are no configuration or re-learn procedures that I'm aware of. If you put the air mix door link (#3) on the way it originally came with the actuator, I don't know why things are reversed.
The picture kind of looks reversed to what I have installed. My wire connector is facing the front of the vehicle. I'll take another look. I have two new actuators arriving today. I will make sure to set the temp to 64 degrees and then swap them out. Maybe I jacked up the old actuator when I was messing with it or something

Update-All fixed. I appreciate everyone's help with this issue. It's great to know so many infiniti owner's out there are willing to share their knowledge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts