Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
That's not normal. If it gets worse, I'd take it in. If not, take it in when you next have a chance or when the next software update comes out. Looks like a loose connection somewhere. (warning, I'm NOT a tech).

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I would guess its a loose connection somewhere as well.

Out of curiosity - where were your predictive lines? Did you turn them off on purpose?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It takes 90 sec for them to turn on. That's ok for specs at this time per my dealer Technician. I'm not in the habit of waiting 90 sec to back up. Annoying.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
It takes 90 sec for them to turn on. That's ok for specs at this time per my dealer Technician. I'm not in the habit of waiting 90 sec to back up. Annoying.

Id agree, specially when I jump in my G37 and fire up the engine and put it in reverse, the backup camera is ready in 2 seconds, with guidelines in place.

·
Registered
171 Posts
by no means is that normal/acceptable. my G used to switch into the camera right away.

my Jag however, 90-120 seconds is normal and it pisses me off. I dont understand how this went through testing and someone "approved" this as good behavior

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone have flickering on reverse on the screen?

I'll post a video later when I get home.

90% of the time its the camera
10% its a loose connection or a kink in the line somewhere
ive seen it happen to G's and M's also, pretty rare though..

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
When backing up and close to an object does it beep. My old infiniti did. Does this one ??? Thanks.
Yes. And since I have the tech package it also intervenes & applies emergency brakes should I get too close to an object. My rear camera loads almost instantaneously after starting my car; no need to wait for InTouch to load. :)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
There are no sensors on your car Staten if you don't have an around view monitor. If all you have is a backup camera, the only way to get parking sensors is to go back, trade in your car and get a more expensive one (joking, but you get the point).

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Staten, let me try to explain this again. Apparently you didn't get the point of my earlier post.

It sounds like you bought a car without the parking sensors. If the car doesn't have parking sensors, it will not beep - period. Parking sensors, and the around-view monitor system, are part of the Deluxe Touring package on the gas car and Deluxe Touring package on a hybrid.

The predictive course lines will appear on the back-up camera after the car has been running for about 70-90 seconds. So they won't appear when you first start the car and immediately back out of a parking spot. But they will appear if you arrive at your destination and back into the parking spot. There will be an update to the InTouch software coming out sometime soon (next month or two, hopefully). Supposedly, the delay before predictive course lines come on will be shortened with the software update.

The car will not ever beep when you get close to an object. If you get close enough however, it will make a crunch noise - not sure that's what you want though.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
No need to be sorry. Just remember that we helped you out when you were a noob. In a month, when you've figured out some cool new stuff that we don't know, come back here and help out some other noob.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.