Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot find a spec for the the flow rate of the stock fuel injectors on the VR30DDTT engine.

If anyone has the value, please post it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Interesting thing, DI injectors use variable fuel rail pressure to achieve the necessary fuel flow, so I don't know if there's a standard test for this. I've asked some folks in that business and I'll let you know what they say. :)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I thought Visconti (or another tuner) posted it a while back. Let me see if i can find it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sam from Nostrum (the company who makes the AMS Red Alpha HPFP) says the stock injectors will support about 800BHP, give or take.

~12.5g/sec @ 100bar

Reactions: Mercennarius

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sam from Nostrum (the company who makes the AMS Red Alpha HPFP) says the stock injectors will support about 800BHP, give or take.

~12.5g/sec @ 100bar
Good to know. So no need to worry about them on stock turbos.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This may not be the right way to calculate direct injection injectors sizing, but since 1g = 1cc, and typical fuel injectors are rated at cc/min, then multiplying 12.5*60 should give you a relative equivalent size to a normal fuel injector. Which comes to [email protected], and that's about 750-800HP worth of fuel on a 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yep, all other things equal.

FWIW, I've seen injectors measured in volume and weight. Most domestic V8s take aftermarket injectors marketed in lbs/hr.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Worth noting, however, that the DI fuel pumps are capable of 200bar pretty easily.

Provided that the pump could maintain the kind of flow required for that pressure, you might be able to squeeze a bit more out of them. It's also noteworthy that DI injectors can continue injecting fuel long after the intake valve has closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need too know why my 2017 q50 3.0t premium shakes when im in park or when itc in drive but coming to a stop and wastes alot of gas kinda fast nd when i checked the oil it kinda smelled like gas id appreciate if someone could help me out i don't got money to take it in too the dealership and i bought with a salvaged title but looks brand new runs good but just those minor issues

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Injector stuck open is my guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need too know why my 2017 q50 3.0t premium shakes when im in park or when itc in drive but coming to a stop and wastes alot of gas kinda fast nd when i checked the oil it kinda smelled like gas id appreciate if someone could help me out i don't got money to take it in too the dealership and i bought with a salvaged title but looks brand new runs good but just those minor issues
What gas are you using? and are you stock are do you have mods? it sounds like you just have engine knock, i don’t recommend using any gas below 93 because it will definitely cause engine knock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts