Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spend a few hours at My local Nissan dealership, had the drive line service, rear, front and transfer case done, and the drive belt replaced with the Gates. I also asked to do the transmission drain and fill, but they would not do it, they said according to Infiniti not to be done until 100k. I wanted to do it, they told me that it would void my warranty, as anyone else been told this. The belt still looked ok for 50k miles. The bit of noise that the belt was making is now [email protected], you work at Infiniti, what do they say about that.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts
Spend a few hours at My local Nissan dealership, had the drive line service, rear, front and transfer case done, and the drive belt replaced with the Gates. I also asked to do the transmission drain and fill, but they would not do it, they said according to Infiniti not to be done until 100k. I wanted to do it, they told me that it would void my warranty, as anyone else been told this. The belt still looked ok for 50k miles. The bit of noise that the belt was making is now [email protected], you work at Infiniti, what do they say about that.
Void the warranty???? Someone's blowing smoke up your posterior.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,165 Posts
Me having four oil changes in 13,xxx miles must have voided my warranty too. At least in The Canada anyway.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Void the warranty???? Someone's blowing smoke up your posterior.
Yes they are,that is why I'm asking our fellow member from out west, that works for an Infiniti dealership. If they (Infiniti or Nissan won't do it) I will get Mr Transmission to do it.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me having four oil changes in 13,xxx miles must have voided my warranty too. At least in The Canada anyway.
Not oil, Pill, transmission.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
They're idiots if they said it would void your warranty. From experience that trans fluid is shot WAY before 100k miles. I just did another 3.5qt change last weekend and it's like butter now shifting.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts
They're idiots if they said it would void your warranty. From experience that trans fluid is shot WAY before 100k miles. I just did another 3.5qt change last weekend and it's like butter now shifting.
Why not just use butter? Probably cheaper than A/T fluid and it would smell good when the tranny warmed up!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what they point out, in the manual. Note 1 says inspect, how the F*** do you inspect.

Attachments

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have the pump to put the fluid back in.

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
When I inquired at my dealer about a transmission fluid change, it would be $199 for a drain and refill, or $349 for a complete fluid exchange (didn't use the f-word... "flush"). My SA made no statements about the 100k mile interval - he was apparently more than happy to take my money, whichever transmission service I would choose.

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Why not just use butter? Probably cheaper than A/T fluid and it would smell good when the tranny warmed up!
Mmmm brown butter is where it's at.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I inquired at my dealer about a transmission fluid change, it would be $199 for a drain and refill, or $349 for a complete fluid exchange (didn't use the f-word... "flush"). My SA made no statements about the 100k mile interval - he was apparently more than happy to take my money, whichever transmission service I would choose.
I was more then happy to pay for the service, but they wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Do you have the pump to put the fluid back in.

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
592 Posts
That is the most ridiculous excuse for not wanting to service a vehicle at the dealer. I'm no expert at vehicle warranties but I think they are misunderstanding what Preventive Maintenance actually is and why you do it

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I have the pump that removes the fluids, now I I get one that adds fluids.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the same happened that I get from Australia Infiniti service dealer.

I asked and requested to replace belt & replace new ATF fluid.

And they told me that the VR30 driver belt are same stronger like GTR driver belt no need to replace within 70000 KM = 43496 miles. for the replace new ATF, they said there's no need to replace or change it before 70000 KM = 43496 miles. It looks like we can not take earlier to replace new belt & ATF fluid with any reasons.

Also, I checked your invoice, Isn't VR30 are using ATF spec with Matic S?? why yours are using Matic J?? please correct me if there's wrong.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Most likely the service rep was just doing that to avoid any potential blow back if something went wrong.
The transmission is technically a "good for the life of the vehicle" fluid and not a regular maintenance item.

An Infiniti dealer would probably do it without question.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the same happened that I get from Australia Infiniti service dealer.

I asked and requested to replace belt & replace new ATF fluid.

And they told me that the VR30 driver belt are same stronger like GTR driver belt no need to replace within 70000 KM = 43496 miles. for the replace new ATF, they said there's no need to replace or change it before 70000 KM = 43496 miles. It looks like we can not take earlier to replace new belt & ATF fluid with any reasons.

Also, I checked your invoice, Isn't VR30 are using ATF spec with Matic S?? why yours are using Matic J?? please correct me if there's wrong.
They did use the J. I will look into it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,165 Posts
Not oil, Pill, transmission.
I know. They're both lubricants.

I was more then happy to pay for the service, but they wouldn't do it.
I ran into the same thing at the Ford dealer when I wanted to change brake fluid..."We don't do that until you get brakes replaced." There is no recommendation by Ford for this service and it didn't get done for 8 years. Is there an opposite for "stealership"?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts