Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
I got the same happened that I get from Australia Infiniti service dealer.

I asked and requested to replace belt & replace new ATF fluid.

And they told me that the VR30 driver belt are same stronger like GTR driver belt no need to replace within 70000 KM = 43496 miles. for the replace new ATF, they said there's no need to replace or change it before 70000 KM = 43496 miles. It looks like we can not take earlier to replace new belt & ATF fluid with any reasons.

Also, I checked your invoice, Isn't VR30 are using ATF spec with Matic S?? why yours are using Matic J?? please correct me if there's wrong.

They did use the J. I will look into it.

Straight from my spreadsheet. 😞

Transfer: Genuine NISSAN Matic J ATF: 999MP-MTJ00P

Diff (Front): Genuine NISSAN Differential Oil Hypoid Super GL-5 80W-90 (non-synthetic): KE907-999362

Diff (Rear): API GL-5 synthetic gear oil, Viscosity SAE 75W-90: KLD37-00001P

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
I watched the vid. I didn't know you are to fill from the drain hole. Do you lose a lot when you take the pump adapter out and before you can get the plug in?

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Premium AWD Hybrid
57 Posts
Also, I checked your invoice, Isn't VR30 are using ATF spec with Matic S?? why yours are using Matic J?? please correct me if there's wrong.
As above. J for the transfer case. S for the transmission.
S is a lower viscosity fluid, so I suspect the transfer case needs the slightly thicker fluid.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I watched the vid. I didn't know you are to fill from the drain hole. Do you lose a lot when you take the pump adapter out and before you can get the plug in?
You don't fill from the drain hole. You fill from the "overflow hole" which is really a fill hole. There's 2 different bolts you take out of the pan when doing a fluid change. The Yamaha fitting goes in the overflow hole. The drain plug is already back in place while you fill and the overflow hole is much smaller so you just have to be quick to unscrew the pump and get the plug in. Not bad though.

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Void the warranty???? Someone's blowing smoke up your posterior.
Hey Av, do me a favor, call your Infiniti dealership, and ask them. I know for a fact that U.S. dealership and Canadian ones live by different rules, in the States parts have to be available to dealership, were here in Canada, some parts have to be ordered directly from Japan, such as Turbos. Sport Exhaust just recently a part # is available. Tell me what they inform you about the transmission fluids.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Spend a few hours at My local Nissan dealership, had the drive line service, rear, front and transfer case done, and the drive belt replaced with the Gates. I also asked to do the transmission drain and fill, but they would not do it, they said according to Infiniti not to be done until 100k. I wanted to do it, they told me that it would void my warranty, as anyone else been told this. The belt still looked ok for 50k miles. The bit of noise that the belt was making is now [email protected], you work at Infiniti, what do they say about that.

I work at MB. I bet Nissan didn't wanna do it because its more a liability. lets say they do a drain and fill and it fubars your trans. They would be liable and responsible to fix it. So just say it voids your warranty, and gets you out of their door and you do it at Infiniti and its their problem and any issues at Infiniti, they can easily get covered under warranty. I'm sure if you kept pressing, they would do it, but make you sign a waiver saying they are off the hook cause no dealership would refuse taking work unless its a hassle.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
You don't fill from the drain hole. You fill from the "overflow hole" which is really a fill hole. There's 2 different bolts you take out of the pan when doing a fluid change. The Yamaha fitting goes in the overflow hole. The drain plug is already back in place while you fill and the overflow hole is much smaller so you just have to be quick to unscrew the pump and get the plug in. Not bad though.
Gotcha. How do you know when it is filled though?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Gotcha. How do you know when it is filled though?
The link that everyone uses for the DIY list how much fluid comes out on the first drain and then subsequent fills.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So I have spoken to Alta Infiniti, and they will do the transmission drain and fill under $400, S Matic fluid. It will take 1/2 day, they want the tranny to cool down, they will give me a loner.(y)

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
So I have spoken to Alta Infiniti, and they will do the transmission drain and fill under $400, S Matic fluid. It will take 1/2 day, they want the tranny to cool down, they will give me a loner.(y)
Aye as expected.

Nissan dealer just didn't wana deal with any warranty blow back.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Had the transmission fluid changed today, all is well, the tranny is shifting much better, I was given a Qx50 for the day, and I must of shut the engine off two or three times, thinking that it was in park, when it was not. Oops.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts