Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A former Milwaukee alderman built his dream home in a lovely old neighborhood. My first apartment was in Bay View on Milwaukee's south shore. Lived elsewhere for a while. After I met my wife and got married we moved back there. Stayed in the neighborhood for eight years before moving out to the 'burbs. I still have a fondness for that neighborhood. Middle to upper middle class homes built in the 1920s and 30s. Not like the palatial mansions on the north shore.

The provided links tell the story. To say the local resident were not pleased is an understatement. The place is hideous. The interior looks industrial and depressing. The good alderman only lived there for about a year before putting it up for sale. Maybe it was driving him to suicide. I don't know.

I'd love to win the lottery, buy the house and bulldoze it. I would be seen as a hero.

The story;

The pictures. They probably won't be up for long;

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I like most of the inside. The exterior would be fine it it were not in that neighborhood. Can’t blame neighbors for hating it.

You should see the tiny little dumps that are $2m+ in San Diego.

For $2m You could get an empty lot:

You could get the same size house in that neighborhood for just 13.5 x’s more, only $26.9 m.

That style would actually fit right in, in that neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes! California real estate is just crazy. The fact that there are so many expensive homes speaks to the amount of wealth in this country.
MY best friend lives in Venice, FL. There is a little community just north called Nokomis. If you turn west and go through it there are a lot of small run down homes with old pickup trucks up on blocks. Getting to the ocean there is a narrow road barely wide enough for two cars to pass. There are some really nice homes there. Big economic divide. Hard to get a good picture but here is one example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts